New thread...the Switzerland of Muppetcentral.

DirthNader

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of the comments in the "Interesting Gulf War News" thread and it seems like a rough place to try and express an oppinion, of late.

The problem with the subject of this or any other war is that, whatever view people have, they are likely very passionate about it. Naturally when there are two opposing views, each side feels that they have to defend their position *by the way, that's how many wars are started in the first place :concern:*.

Some of the people here must have some pretty sore fingers from the amount of typing they are doing.

I would like to make a proposal. I'm going to make this the Switzerland of the Muppet community. Totally neutral, I would like this to be a place where, if your feelings were hurt by another member or if you think maybe you were too harsh with another member, you may either express that hurt or communicate your appology as need be. I would prefer not to see any bickering or name calling here, if you please.

Remember, we have all gravitated to Muppetcentral because we have something in common. Let's get back to that common ground and keep the peace....at the very least, here if nowhere else.

Thank you

DirthNader

Reaction score
Alright. I was just informed that Switzerland denounced their neutrality..... so consider this the Old Swiss thread, for a lack of originality on my part :rolleyes:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*barely containing her laughter* Could be worse...you could call it the "Swiss Miss" thread...

*sniggers*

-Kim

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
DirthNader,

My sentiments exactly. I totally walked away from those discussions and refuse to participate in them anymore.

I've said before and I'll say it again, I love my MC family, and no discussion is worth the bad vibes, etc, or the hurt feelings.

I was contacted personally by a member regarding this, and I used a very diplomatic response, but he wrote several other folks and just at the end of it all he apologized to me for how he'd done several others who ultimately had written me asking for his removal from the board.

To which I'd like to add I am NOT a moderator of MC. I just have no life and play here all the time.

FOZ

Luke

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, being the person who started the thread in question, i had hoped that we were all mature enough to discuss the news (which would probably have got posted anyway) in a sensible, diplomatic fashion - and that even if people were putting their own points across of how they felt and others disagreed with it, it wouldn't affect or have any bearing on their friendship with anyone else (even if it did get heated) or how they looked to other people on the forum and they should feel free to participate (or not) as they wished without acting like five year olds and acting as if it is their lifes mission or they are emotionally scarred by it or need to go on some mass-email campaign.

We are all adults here (well, most of us) and either we choose to read the thread and can live with a few harsh words or emotional posts or we don't and we just live happily in other areas of the forum - thats it - there's no need to go establishing safe havens on the forum, or continue to talk about that thread in other ones, it's a topic about war - you can't talk about it as if we are talking about action figures - i just hoped we were kinda beyond all this here and could handle a topical discussion ........

*walks away and whistles*

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Eh, it's everywhere else enough as it is. :rolleyes:

Personally, I wish this would stay a F-U-N forum. I can't take much news of "the real world", and I like to get away from it online.

Some of the other communities I visit don't have any o' that talk goin' on---some by rule, some by coincidence---and I like that; this should be a fun and leisurely place, not worrisome or flamin'.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I feel the thread was a healthy discussion for the first couple of days. I wouldn't have commented otherwise. Then tempers got hot and instead of a sharing of opinions it became a clash of rants. On the web, it's so easy for members to lose their tempers. We've all done it at one time or another. The point is, there's a time we all need to stop and recognize that people are being hurt for no good reason.

It's difficult to separate a person from his or her views, but we are not defined by political positions. We are defined by the way we treat others and how we deal with an unfortunate situation. I'd just like to say that I don't dislike anyone here. Yeah, there have been heated debates, and arguments all through Muppet Central's history, but hanging on to that garbage really doesn't do much for the spirit. Grudges are usually just a waste of time worrying about someone else who probably isn’t even thinking of the one holding the grudge. Now, let’s join hands and sing Rainbow Connection. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Personally, I wish this would stay a F-U-N forum. I can't take much news of "the real world", and I like to get away from it online.
....... But it IS and YOU CAN - you just don't click on the topic. That's all ya have to do !

I know what ya mean though, but we've always discussed each others live and whats happening in our worlds at Muppet Central since like the very start - it's more a social club at times than strictly just Muppets.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Then tempers got hot and instead of a sharing of opinions it became a clash of rants. On the web, it's so easy for members to lose their tempers.
Yep, that's why I don't like to get into politics on fun forums.

:rolleyes:

CraigD

Reaction score
Well I almost got heated in the war discussion a couple of times, and I apologise if I offended anybody at all.

I even disagreed with Byron at one stage. Never thought I'd do that! :eek:

No hard feelings I hope man. :embarrassed: