New XBox One features revealed

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hey, DrTooth, remember what you said in the Youtube thread about next console innovations? Well, here they are for the Xbox at least...

Haha.......I'm a Sony fanboy so I don't care. ScrewAttack is a reputable gaming news site, despite what the video may suggest :stick_out_tongue:

But really, Charging you to install games? Yeah, they pretty much killed used game sales. I'm not surprised. Although the idea of the camera installed is kinda creepy. Microsoft is watching you...

.....(i'm already banking this thread won't get any replies...)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I think they chose a really terrible name. It's probably even worse than the "Kindle Fire"

It might be better than the previous XBOX, but I really have no interest in this one. If I would buy any of them, it would be the upcoming PS4.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Kindle Fire was meant to be a stupid pun.

And really, its NOT better than the Xbox. Basically, its an Xbox with a built in kinect. Almost everyone unanimously hates the kinect. Of course, I don't know the hardware specs, but I can tell you Microsoft has made a lot of gamers angry with this.

Mandatory install is something I can look past because the ps3 already has that.

But Microsoft is effectively killing the used game market. If you get the game used, you have to pay a fee before you can install it. People do not like that.

Also, you have to have the thing connected to the internet at least once a day otherwise it locks you out of using it. So basically, even though you don't have to be connected to the internet to use it, you STILL have to have an internet connection for it to work. Internet go out for a day? Too bad. No Xbox for you.

On top of that. The thing is redundant as all redundancy. What its trying to do is replace your cable tv, your computer, your dvd player, ect. Its supposed to be like the one "go to" device for all your entertainment needs. Its a video game console second to everything else.

Something tells me neither of you are gamers, otherwise you'd see the big problems here :stick_out_tongue: Even the most diehard Xbox fanboys are already saying they are going to the Sony side. That is BAD when even your crazy fans are sick of you :/

Either way, I was still interested in what it was it had to offer, but uh yeah...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
im no hardcore gamer but i do dabble...however im never one to go out and buy the new toy..dont see the need, i have only ever bought new systems when my olds die or break even then a game needs to come out that i really really want

robodog

Reaction score
I'm not a gamer anymore and I see the problem. High speed internet isn't available everywhere so requiring a decent internet connection will cut into their userbase somewhat. We have satellite internet. Fine for online surfing but terrible for downloading things and playing online games. Hughes net is incredibly stingy with bandwidth.

Of course the video game companies have priced me out of the market years ago. I can't afford several hundred dollars for a game system and even if I could there are other things I'd rather have. A Pleo for instance.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Totally.

The only systems I bought when they were brand new were the Ps2 back when it was 300 dollars (yikes. Now you can get them for 50. Gamestop sells gamecubes for 20 O_O) And the wii which sadly we overpaid for. Although for a while I got a lot of use out of it. At least its good for netflix.

I only got my ps3 two years ago when the price dropped to 250. Now they have bigger hard drives in the system for 200! Not that I'm complaining. I don't download anything to it and don't have a huge collection of games to warrant a half tera of hard drive space :stick_out_tongue:

To me it seems like Microsoft is trying to really milk money out of you. I mean, yeah, that's what they do, but this seems overboard...you gotta pay for the game, pay to install it if its used, pay for x box live...pay for all the neat little services this thing supposedly comes with... :/

Teheheman

Reaction score
See, I got my XBox 360 for Christmas and all I do with it is play DVDs on it. Although, occasionally, I'll play a game on it. I don't see why you have to install a used game if you have the game CD on you. Wouldn't most people just pop the game in there? That seems kind of silly to me, the only thing that would be great for is if you're renting a game and wanna keep it forever. The other silly thing is if you're on an internet plan like myself, where you have to pay a boatload of money for a certain amount of gigs a month, you're not gonna want that. I bet you that they probably haven't really 'built' it yet, they're just announcing what they're doing in order to gauge interest and see if they need to change things based on feedback by people. Like '___________ sucks, it should be like this' or '_________ is gonna be the best part'. They'll see that and either say 'Sorry, that's what it's gonna be' or 'A LOT of people won't buy it because of this thing, we should change it so we get more people to buy it.'

Daniel

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
See, I got my XBox 360 for Christmas and all I do with it is play DVDs on it. Although, occasionally, I'll play a game on it. I don't see why you have to install a used game if you have the game CD on you. Wouldn't most people just pop the game in there? That seems kind of silly to me, the only thing that would be great for is if you're renting a game and wanna keep it forever.
Well, like I said, PS3s already have mandatory installs. It works by the same logic as a computer game. You install it, but you still need the disk to run it. Its supposed to cut down loading times and help render speeds. You'll have the initial loading from the menu, but there shouldn't be loading times during gameplay itself.

Its not that used games only have to be installed, ALL games have to be installed. What people are upset about is the FEE you need to pay to install it if the game is used. Meaning you can't borrow the game from a friend or rent it to see if you like it first.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, DrTooth, remember what you said in the Youtube thread about next console innovations? Well, here they are for the Xbox at least...
I wouldn't so much call those innovations as much as... well... this is a family site... It rhymes with Duck Sue... all I can say.

Cracked sums it up nicely

This is why I hate the new era video game market. They want to find greedier ways to get you stuck with terrible games. That way, they don't have to even make them good or enjoyable. I'll take second screen with bad battery life over that anyday.