1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Next Muppet Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by OverUnderAround, Nov 1, 2006.

1. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

This info isn't new, and it was last updated Oct 2005 but I thought I would post it in case no one here has seen it or mentioned it before.

created: Feb 27 2001 5:30PM. record last updated: Oct 18 2005 7:07PM
    THE NEXT MUPPET MOVIE
    Feature Film In Development
    Producers; Brian Henson; Lisa Henson
    Writer: Brian Lynch (Spec)
    SUMMARY
    Logline: An evil talent agent tries to convince the Muppets to break up and start their own shows. Kermit must hold the team together.
    Project AKA: Muppet Movie Sequel, Muppets Movie Sequel
    Project Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Family, Sequel
    Project Keywords: children's, hollywood, puppet
    Synopsis: Kermit the Frog must save his Muppet revue from an evil Hollywood agent after Gonzo and others are lured away to Tinseltown.

created: Oct 21 2005 8:17PM. record last updated: Oct 21 2005 8:17PM
    UNTITLED MUPPETS PROJECT
    Feature Film In Development
    SUMMARY
    Project Genres: Children, Comedy, Musical
    Synopsis: A mock rockumentary featuring the Muppets.
  2. Marky

Marky Member

Interesting. Last year, huh? That sounds like one of the projects mentioned in Toronto at the agency auditions.
  3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

It's probably a lame duck now, at least for the time being. I'm not saying I'd be against this, but it sounds too similar to IAVMMC in just simple concept form. More like it would make a good television episode for a Muppet Show then a whole movie.
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah this idea has been around for years and years. It does kinda seem the most appropriate for a Muppet movie right now though if they are trying to get the whole classic feel back.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It would be interesting, and yes very appropriate. Just have to wait and see if anything happens.
  6. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

The last thing I want to do after reading this news is complain but when I first heard of this movie a few years ago (right here at MC) I thought it sounded a little too similar to The Muppets Take Manhattan and now that they've made It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie it seems even less of an original idea, though this film was proably written first and it has been going round for years so it must be good, I just don't know why they've never used it before. I think I remember having read somewhere a while ago that this film had a very fun Ninja fighting scene.

Something thats also been heard of a few times is "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" I don't know how this idea can be played out as a movie but i'd love to know more about it.

Well at least that's something, lets hope we get something good from the Muppets soon. :) :mad: :o
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Muppets Haunted House was also a movie in the works, written originally i think by Greg The Bunny's creator. Seems very Disney'ish but they'd probably water it down. Maybe good as a TV seasonal special.
  8. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Doubt these'll happen...maybe the rockumentary

Can you see

"This is Electric Mayhem"
  9. Marky

Marky Member

Ew! You got the creepy Mr. Friendly form LOST icon thing happening.
    Yikes!
  10. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Yes that was another idea I liked. The Muppet family is full of Monsters if done well that one could work. There was also the time travelling one
    though that one didn't impress me much.
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

The Haunted House isn't a bad idea, but i don't think its strong enough right now. They'd need to focus on the monsters as you say, and i wasn't impressed with how they made monsters from Kermit, Piggy and the others in the playstation game. I don't think it'd be funny enough, or give the Muppets the boost they need. It needs to be either another VMX type movie (kinda pop culture'ish) or one that brings back the classic muppet show kinda style like the original movies. I think them doing a themed movie, story re-telling, or a seasonal one would be a mistake right now ... especially after Oz!

There was even talk of a valentines movie a while back actually, for NBC.
  12. Marky

Marky Member

NBC - they seem so much more in tune with what the Muppets are about.
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i think if things would have continued with the Hensons owning the Muppets, and some kind of TV Movie/TV Series deal with NBC, and a merchandising deal with HIT, things would be a heck of a lot better than right now.
  14. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I think NBC would have been a better fit but I would have never said that when Disney first bought the Muppets.
  15. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

This is the idea I want to see the most. It has great potential, assuming people get the joke. Though the title and the actual concept don't really mesh well for me. From what I read here it wasn't so much that it was a cheap movie being made as much as it was that Gonzo blew the budget on the opening scene, leaving no money left. But I can't think of a better title so might as well keep it.

If that idea is never done, I will be very dissappointed as it's the best idea I've heard for a muppet movie that hasn't been done yet. It has the potential to bea classic movie as long as they stay away from the c-list cameo's from MFS. Rob Snider does not a good movie make.
  16. Marky

Marky Member

yyyyyyyyYep.

They would still be on SNL all the time, they'd likely have a show on now with the same set as IAVMMCM, etc, etc, etc...
  17. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I agree it seems like quite an original idea for a Muppet movie. We've seen the Muppet try to put together a show before but never a movie. Maybe the movie is like one long Muppet Show episode instead this time the Muppets are trying to make a movie. I'd like to see that, sounds fun
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Everybody complains about the cameos in MFS but isnt that part of what made TMM so special.
  19. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Didn't they do something like that on Robot Chicken? It would be cool though, A straight to DVD feature on how the Electric Mayhem met and their rise to stardom. Also, a featurette on where are they now? would be kinda cool.

Daniel
  20. Marky

Marky Member

What's that new crude clay animation series called? They just did a raunchy spoof on the very same subject. Janice having Hep C from Tommy Lee, having to 'put Animal down', Zoot disappearing, etc. Is was crude, but hilarious!