NFFC Big plans announced for the Muppet gang

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

look what i found...

Big plans announced for the Muppet gang

The Muppet Holding Company's presentation at the 2005 NFFC Convention has revealed some interesting preparations Disney has in store for the Muppets. First, it was made clear that Jim Henson's creations will be involved in both the oncoming X-Games and ABC's presentation of Super Bowl next January. In addition, to celebrate Kermit's 50th anniversary, a fifteen-month celebration is planned, in which Kermit will visit fifty places he has always wanted to appear. Wimbledon and the Great Wall of China are just two of those destinations. Kermit will also be the center of attention in a new television special: a Dean Martin-esque roast, hosted by Miss Piggy. Speaking of television, the Muppets have a few more small screen projects in the lineup, including a six-episode "reality" show, America's Next Muppet, and a new Muppet Holiday Special this December. Finally, the Muppets are in consideration to receive their own live show at certain Disney theme parks. More details and pics of the 2005 NFFC Convention can be found at Jim Hill Media.
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1551 :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
In that link, they talk about a new christmas special, too. That's so exciting!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Wow!!! This is all amazing news and it is good to see that kermit's 50th is not going by unnoticed.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
That is incredibly awesome news! I can't wait to see how everything pans out!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am glad that there are finally going to be some new muppet specials. there have hardly been any new muppet specials since jim henson died (not counting mr. willobys christmas tree, sesame street specials, or jim henson documentaries).

It has been said that Disney plans on releasing a muppet christmas album this year. I wonder if it will be a soundtrack to the upcoming christmas special.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Sounds good, of course this will be the 4th Christmas film / special. :wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I saw that over at toughpigs this morning and was so exticed that I nealy split my pants. I'm glad to see that Disney isn't giving up and doing small stuff. I can't to see the speical and and roast too. That will be fun. WOOOOOOO!!! YEA! FROGGY!

Beauregard

Reaction score
WHoooo-hoooo!

Sound AWESOME! Especially Kermit appearing at 50 places! Come to somewhere near me!!! Wimbledon, kewl!!!