NFFC Big plans announced for the Muppet gang

unclematt

Reaction score
Does this mean we will never see the Sesame Muppets with the rest of the Gang.

MWoO

Reaction score
Probably. It probably meant that in 1999 though when they were first sold. I'm sure if Disney asked SW would allowed Big Bird or Grover to show up on a special. Old Kermit skits still show up on Sesame Street and I bet Disnye oculd have them yanked if they wanted.

beaker

Reaction score
DannyRWW said:
I don't think disney would have too much trouble using clips from henson properties (such as Emmet Otter). Isn't there a consulting agreement between the two companies for a number of years? sesame street on the other hand...
Well Kermit without Sesame characters and clips is utterly pointless, and Disney knows it. The audience isnt stupid, ya cant play history revisionism.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
The X-Games? Does the degradation never end?

I can't wait for the Muppets to be plastered in Brittany Spears videos and back on the backpacks of youthful gothic mallwalkers. The forsaking will be complete.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
beaker said:
Well Kermit without Sesame characters and clips is utterly pointless, and Disney knows it. The audience isnt stupid, ya cant play history revisionism.
Actually, I think it would be more out of place to see kermit without The Muppet Show characters. In The Best Of kermit On Sesame Street, it looks a little weird that Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo and Robin obviously weren't at the frog of the year ceremony. of course, I think there should have been some more recognizable Sesame Street characters (besides Grover) there anyway.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
As important as Sesame Street is to the history of Kermit the Frog, and as much as I'd love see a tribute with all of those characters, I think it's better to be realistic and accept the possibility that it won't happen that way. If it does, great! If not, it's better not to talk oneself out of liking it before it even happens. There's all kinds of ways they could do a special like that and still make me happy.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, they could just do a roast for Kermit's birthday without doing a retrospective. I mean, what really happened in the last 20 years that needs to be added besides stuff that's sad?

beaker

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
Does the degradation never end?
Apparently not:smile:

Cantus Rock said:
and back on the backpacks of youthful gothic mallwalkers. The forsaking will be complete.
Hate to break it to ya, but that was happening in the late 90's at Hot Topic:smile:

MWoO said:
Yeah, they could just do a roast for Kermit's birthday without doing a retrospective. I mean, what really happened in the last 20 years that needs to be added besides stuff that's sad?
they still need at least a few Sesame characters, Sam and Friends characters, etc.

AndyWan Kenobi said:
As important as Sesame Street is to the history of Kermit the Frog, and as much as I'd love see a tribute with all of those characters, I think it's better to be realistic and accept the possibility that it won't happen that way. If it does, great! If not, it's better not to talk oneself out of liking it before it even happens. There's all kinds of ways they could do a special like that and still make me happy.
Perhaps you do not realize the significance of Sesame Street with Kermit. Were not talking about Fraggle Rock, were talking a theme and identity so ingrained with Kermit the frog, that to take that away would truly be a sad day.
I have a feeling Disney will reach a very tentative agreement with Sesame Workshop to use both clips and have a few Sesame folks appear. Otherwise I would personally ask the Dis if they thought we were freaking stupid:smile:

Basiclaly, itd be like a civil war renactment without the Union portryal.

MWoO

Reaction score
Sesame characters are not needed if they do not present it as a 50th anniversary though. If they just do a orast to honor the frog, that's very different. You don't need to go down the Sesame Road as much as if they did a retrospective.

Personally, if they are doing a roast, Oscar should be included.