Reaction score
For todays, 12-17, picks I'm going with:

Buccaneers over the Patriots
Chiefs over the Giants
Bronocs over the Bills

ryan

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oooh you lost all three of those, ryhoyarbie. But the most painful of all for you had to be your Boys getting slaughtered by my Skins 35-7 (35-0 at one point!)! Skins still have a shot at the playoffs but probably have to win both remaining games and have some help.
And the Colts finally lost. Too bad. Would have been fun to finally see another perfect record. Now with the tragedy of Tony Dungy's son dying I wonder how it will affect the Colts in the playoffs. Plus, those New England Patriots are RED HOT! Can't rule out a 3 peat just yet! :smile:
And just how bad are the Eagles this year? Well you know it's gotta be pretty bad when you are an UNDERDOG against the Arizona Cardinals! Be interesting to see which team will be stupid enough to sign Terrell Owens next year and then have their team dismantled and destroyed in a short time too.
And the last game of the year is a battle for the first draft pick: The Houston Texans vs. The San Francisco 49ers!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well a couple of great Christmas presents from the NFL today. First, the Eagles lost to the lowly Cardinals! (This whole season has been a nice gift - Eagles 6-9, out of the playoffs, and last place!).
Second, my Skins trounced the Giants 35-20 (after trouncing Dallas 35-7 last week) and are still alive for a playoff spot. Nice to see them finishing the season real strong. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
And after the great Christmas presents from the NFL, I get a fantastic New Year's Day gift ---> The Washington Redskins win and are in the playoffs! Yay! And how sweet it was that it came against those dumb Eagles who finish the season 6-10! Ha Ha!

So the first round of the playoffs next week will be:

Washington @ Tampa Bay
Carolina @ NY Giants
Jacksonville @ New England
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

These should be good playoff games this year. A lot of pretty evenly matched teams. I'll pick Washington, Carolina, New England, and Pittsburgh to win these first round games.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well look at that - I got all four games correct! Not bad, eh? Especially considering that 3 of the 4 picks were teams on the road. :smile:
And, of course, I'm very glad the Skins pulled it out. Now it's onto tough Seattle, though. And too bad for the Bengals that they lost their QB right at the beginning of their first drive. I think the Steelers would have beat them anyway, but with Palmer in there the Tigers would have had a better shot.
And Vic, after such a good season the Giants had it sure is a shame they decided not to show up for the playoff game yesterday, eh? :smile: Actually, it was the inexperience of QB Eli Manning that hurt them. That, and the surprising inability of the Giants usually solid defensive line to stop Panther running backs.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Please don't remind me, Zif. I am so upset, but you know what? It's my fault. You see if I listen to the game on the radio or just catch the highlights on the news later? (which is what I normally do) The Giants win, but everytime I sit down and watch the game, and I mean everytime, whether on TV or when I actually go to Giant's stadium; they loose, everytime. So because I watched the game yesterday, they lost. :attitude: :cry: There goes our return to the superbowl. $%#@&!!!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Heh heh, that's funny how that works. I've heard people say that before about their teams. One time I said to a guy, "I'll bet you're looking forward to the game tomorrow." And he said, "No, I'm not going to watch it. Every time I watch them they lose. And when I don't watch they win. So I'm not watching!" And another guy who likes the Phillies baseball team said he can watch a few innings and the Phillies do badly. Then he can go away from the tv for a while and come back and find out they scored 6 runs since he left! Only to see them do badly again! :stick_out_tongue:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Now forgive my ignorance as I don't follow too much, but now aren't the Panthers going up against Chicago next Sunday?