Nfl 2005

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks for doing those, Kimp. It'd be fun if there will be several doing them here and we can have a winner from MC each week. :smile:

I just submitted my entries at Yahoo. Here's what I entered for the tie breaker questions:

Who will score the most points-> NY Jets
Who will score the least points-> Chicago
Score of Monday night's game -> Atlanta 28, Philadelphia 24.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Dallas will lose to SanDeigo on sunday. The Chargers are not only a good football team like they were last year, but I'm sure they want to getback to where they were last year, which was in the playoffs. Dallas on the other hand has a lot of young rookies that are not that experienced but have shown they can handle different teams, as seen in the playoff games. However, preseason doesn't me anything. We'll just have to see. maybe Dallas can surprise people. Who knows.

ryan

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to predict how the Cowboys will do this year. My guess is that they will have a better year but still fall short of the playoffs at about 8-8. They have upgraded well on defense, Bill Parcells is a great coach, but a lot is going to depend on how Drew Bledsoe does (but he should be an improvement over Vinnie Testaverde, in any case). And I agree that San Diego on the road will likely result in a loss for the Boys.

F

furryredmonster

I personally do not like to watch sports(along with my family) We actually "boo" at it sometimes.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Im for the Denver Broncos, but then again, I am from Colorado, go fig? :wink:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
ziff we are both 1-0 after the Thumping NWE gave OAK
Yep and I am tied for first at Yahoo Pro Football Pick'em at 1-0 (with probably about 50,000 people. But 10% did select Oakland so it's still something!)

Looking forward to seeing the Skins crush da Bears this Sunday (it's on tv here at 1pm, along with Tennessee-Pittsburgh. The 4pm game is Dallas-SanDiego. New Jerseyans probably will get Arizona-NYGiants I would think. And probably the Jets at Kansas City at 1pm).

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well I sure did have a rough day today with my picks. I'm only 6-8 so far. You've got me beat at 8-6, Kimp. Lot of surprises. Who'd a thunk SanFran beats the Rams, Dallas beats San Diego and Miami beats Denver? But I'm glad to be wrong about New Orleans. Nice to see them play inspired football and win today. Also glad to be wrong about K.C. I'm hoping Dick Vermeil can retire on a great note.
And at least my Skins won today! (Although it wasn't too pretty!)

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yep, I knew about the Indi-Balt game last night. Was just commenting on the games as of 7pm, having just watched 6 hours of football. :smile: So now you are 9-6 and I'm 7-8 with one more game this week (Falcon game tonight).
At Yahoo I am ranked about # 61,000! (out of over 100,000). Usually there are a few who get every game right but this week nobody did and only five people went 14-1. Two thirds of people pick the Eagles to win tonight so if the Falcons win I will get to catch up a little. Otherwise I may fall to about 70,000th place! Go Atlanta anyway! Beat those Philly Eagles! Hey at least, for now, I can say: The Eagles are in sole possession of LAST PLACE! :big_grin: