Nfl 2006

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... And look what we did to you the first time we played. Part of a five-game win streak.
Oughta to be fun this Sunday...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Ya know what? That was last year. If i remember correctly, I believe that we beat you last time. I could be wrong. But ya know what? The Steelers, and I use that term loosly, aren't gonna be in the playoffs this year. Maybe next year(hope not)

Daniel

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know what... It was part of this year's record. Look it up any time you want and then get back to me.
And from the looks of things, the Bengals ain't goin' this year either. Sorry, but the Jets will beat that non-team from Oakland and the Broncos will beat the 49'ers. Gotta face facts, it's too little too late to hope for help from other teams.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I dunno, the Jets are pretty beat up going into Oakland, plus the 49ers aren't as bad as people say they are. It's just that they're in the NFC......enough said. Ok, they got beat the last time, but look at it this way, the Steelers aren't lookin good without the Bus pullin them are they? I think that the Bengals'll win, but I don't know about the other teams losing. I do see KC beating Jacksonville though.

Daniel

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Recapping today's action...
Baltimore beat Buffalo: 19 to 7.
Pittsburgh beat and eliminated Cincinnatti: 23 to 17 in OT.
The Jets beat The Raiders: 23 to 3.
KC beat Jacksonville: 35 to 30.
And San Francisco knocked Denver out of the playoffs: 26 to 23 in OT.

That's 4 out of 5 games I picked correctly.
Now who do I see about getting these picks paid?

Teheheman

Reaction score
Dang Shane Graham. That's it, he's cut, heck, some people are probably gonna call for Marvin's job because he was 8-8. Look at what happened to the coach at the University of Minnesota....He got fired after he lost a bowl game, the manager of the Oakland A's lost his job when he didn't get to the World Series. But, this isn't a time for me to complain about the Bengals, it's a time to memorialize a man who was a member of the Denver Broncos who was shot not that long after his team was knocked out of the playoffs. Now, whether that had something to do with it, is not the point. The point is that he is no longer with us and I think that we should think of him and his family instead of the teams of ours that didn't get into the playoffs. Besides, for our team there's always next year.

Daniel

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a truly felt sentiment... Heard about the Broncos player's death this morning on ESPN... Truly a shame it happened on New Year's, and a moment of silence in his honor is definitely more than deserved.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Former Chicago Bear Gale Sayres/and thought on the Dallas Cowboys.

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/1/281316/ShowThread.aspx

I figure I put this here without starting a whole new thread.

He was probably what Walter Payton was to the team durring the 70s and 80s. Unfortunatly
it seems as if he never should of been on the team. While the Bears have had some trouble in recent years they're doing better this year I think. But if you read the following Sayres seem jealous of those palyers that came after him, including Payton and not very friendly to those who will come up to him for autographs or a conversation.

Also I've heard how the Dallas Cowboys who were once considered America'a team aren't that these days. What do you think?