Nightmare Before Christmas Beanies!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
and sub par Don Bluth Treasure Island)
Umm.......Is Don Bluth working for Disney again with Treasure Planet?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
During my lunch break yesterday I went to the Disneystore, and was delighted to see all those NBxmas beans...OOgie Boogie especially! However I was sad to see virtually no Bear stuff anymore(hopefully they'll have new stuff this xmas)

Now here's the funny part. When the worker asked if I was looking for anything in particulair...I said "Oh, where's your guy's Spirited Away stuff?" And she just kind of looked at me puzzled. "Spirited Away?" And I replied "Yeah, you know the new Walt Disney Pictures film out next week nation wide?"

And she goes "You sure? Havent heard of it" And I was like "You havent seen the ads? Walt Disney Pictures presents Miyazaki's newest breathtaking masterpiece, Spirited Away, the #1 grossing film in Japan of all time" "Sorry" (then I thought, well thats funny, because its animation Disney only wishes they could do...so they buy the US rights, then quietly release it with no hype. Guess theyd rather pump their cheapquels, ride movies, and sub par Don Bluth Treasure Island)
why do you always Dis disney.and I think that spirited away looks stupid but I dont keep on saying that,and DIsney does great animation.now the television department is a different story....

anyway I have Mayor and Nightmare Jack and last year atThe WDW halloween party I got a special headless horseman.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
No Don Bluth is not working of Disney again. Mr. Bluth is working on an full-length Dragon's Lair Movie.

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Also, to finnish off the collection of Micky Mouse dressed up like movie characters, they have Micky as Jack and Pluto as Zero

:frown:
in the catalog it said those were catalog exclusives..

Disney's got a whole bunch of neat NMBC stuff coming out at disneyland for halloween, they've got the prototypes(along with exclusive to Disney Auctions NMBC pins) up on eBay.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
why do you always Dis disney.and I think that spirited away looks stupid but I dont keep on saying that,and DIsney does great animation.now the television department is a different story....
he dis's them for making bad decisions...which they have done on several occasions...my mother bought Cinderella II on a whim...so in the interest of fair play, i borrowed it and tried to watch. BLECH!!!!!!! it was horrid...truly awful...and it seems to be the same for all these "cheapquels" (i think that's a fitting term here). i AM a disney fan, but i won't blindly defend them, because well...they're wrong, and they're screwing it up for the rest of us.

in all seriousness, though...if you get a chance, you may want to give "Spirited Away" a shot. i know it sounds a little stupid from the discription, but what i've seen really is facinating. i'm not telling you "have to" by any means, but i think you'd be cheating yourself if you didn't at least think about it.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>>i AM a disney fan, but i won't blindly defend them, because well...they're wrong, and they're screwing it up for the rest of us.

Exactly. I am a HUGE fan as well, since I was little. Who isnt? But Im not a BLIND DEVOUT follower. I may be a bit more blind when it comes to my homeboy JHC, but definately not Disney.
Though I will say Fantasia 2000, Monsters Inc, and Emperor's New Groove...and even Tarzan is their best stuff in a decade as far as Im concerned.

in all seriousness, though...if you get a chance, you may want to give "Spirited Away" a shot. i know it sounds a little stupid from the discription, but what i've seen really is facinating. i'm not telling you "have to" by any means, but i think you'd be cheating yourself if you didn't at least think about it.<<<

Totlaly...theresa reason so many critics are hailing it as one of the top 5 films of the year. Plus it has had the highest per screen average in its limited US release than any other film out there.
And it outgrossed Titanic in Japan to become the biggest box office grosser ever there.

Saldy, Disney is purposely underpromoting it...why else do you see little buzz about it on Disney fan communities, in tv and newspaper print campaigns, and movie trailers?

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Ok, wow, things always get off topic by the time I get the chance to reply to threads.

Well, anyways, Yes! I am joining you in you're excitement because I as well am a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan. My mom picked the beanies up for me because they are kind of a rare item and I love that movie.
In 8th grade some of my friends put together a live production of Nightmare Before Christmas at our school, and I was a part of it. It was awful. I mean seriously, we sucked, big time. But I had so much fun that I'll never regret it. I played Shock and I went pretty far out for it. And my costume was cool cuz now I have a dress with a hula-hoop sewn into the bottom of it.
But yeah, I love that movie and the Beanies are great, and as mad that I am at Disney I still love them. Because they made so many classics, and so many childhood memories for me, good childhood memories.
But they're being pretty smart lately. Because of the whole stock market issue. Beauty and The Beast is coming out on DVD (same day as Muppet Christmas Carol, might I add), Kingdom Hearts (Final Fantasy and Disney movies in one video game) is really really cool, and they're starting to take more interest into their musical theater venue.
See, I for one love Beauty and The Beast the musical (can you tell yet that it's my favorite Disney movie?), Aida (oh don't get me started), and I haven't seen Lion King but I'm going to this spring. So I think it's great their taking notice that these are good places for Disney and they can expand a little on it. However, what they've got in mind I'm not looking forward to because let's face it, Julie Andrews IS Mary Poppins. And Tarzan and Little Mermaid might look a little stupid as a live musical. I still say, and my friends'll back me up on this one, Newsies would be a big live musical on Broadway. Everybody in my town loves that movie. It's really good but also, under appreciated most of the time. Oh well, one day they'll see.

Sorry, that was long, but I'm done with my Disney rant, just had to get it out.
-Wemblin' Kate

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I dont think they have plans to make Tarzan or mermaid into live action on broadway,but they have at the theme parks and the shows are GREAT.also I am not blindly defending Disney I hated Cinderella 2 my whole family did,my mom returned it.and Disney made Lilo and Stitch look at that.also the movies arent the only thing.they also have Disney stores and theme parks.I am boycotting the store forf not selling Adult clothing or anything for someone above 4 but the theme parks are GREAT.also dont critisize me if I do blindly defend Disney and then say you do that for JHC,thats being a hypocrite,and you may be Disney fans but I am a HUGE Disney fan.

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
I dont think they have plans to make Tarzan or mermaid into live action on broadway,
They do, there was an article in the Chicago Tribune about it a couple of weeks ago. Actually there was a big list but Mary Poppins, Little Mermaid, and Tarzan are the only ones I remember.

-Wemlin' Kate

radionate

Reaction score
Actually, Mary Poppins is being worked to be the next Disney venture on the Great White Way. It's a long time coming, and might not materialize, but they are working on it. I wish they would have done Hunchback here in the states, after it played in France, but oh well.

The reference to Tarzan and Little Mermaid were for new stage shows being planned for the theme parks.