Nintendo Wii

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
huh...thats intersting. but no matter what games come out, there will still be diehard guitar hero fans, like me. Speaking of which, while I'm not too happy about GH becomeing a Rock Band Clone, I'm still looking foward to GH4. I'll proably gegt it for wii

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
What? Their having a war with themselves? O_O

(PS, I didnt read the link, Gamespot makes my computer freeze for some reason)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh, I am sorry! Here's what it says.

Nintendo: Lifetime US Wii sales surpass Xbox 360
Publisher points to latest NPD numbers as putting the motion-sensing system atop the domestic retail heap.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Jul 17, 2008 3:23 pm PT

The industry-tracking NPD Group's sales data for June isn't set for release until later today, but Nintendo is already touting the figures as an inflection point in the current console wars. The publisher proclaimed that the NPD's latest figures show that the Wii has attained the title of the best-selling current-generation console in the US. Nintendo managed to make the claim without once mentioning by name the previous king of the sales hill, Microsoft's Xbox 360.

More than 666,000 Wii systems were sold at US retailers during June, putting the lifetime total for the region at nearly 10.9 million. However, the console still took a backseat to the Nintendo DS, as the handheld racked up more than 783,000 sales in June and more than 20.8 million in the US since its November 2004 launch.

Finally, Nintendo underscored the abundance of Wii and DS titles in the NPD Group's June stats, with six of the top 10 best-selling games being made for its systems. Guitar Hero On Tour took the second spot, with four through seven being occupied by Wii Fit, Wii Play, Mario Kart Wii, and Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii, in that order. The DS edition of Lego Indy also made its way onto the list at number nine.

[UPDATE] The NPD Group has since released its June sales data, which shows Mario Kart Wii and the Wii edition of Lego Indiana Jones in seventh and eighth place respectively, not sixth and seventh as Nintendo had stated.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
does anyone know if they sell extra memory things for wii? I dont need one and probably wont for a while, but what happens if oyu run out of memory? DO they sell wii memory cards? Can you save things on SD cards and play the game from the SD card? Someone please explain this to me. I've been wondering for a while now

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I have no idea how the SD cards work... but I do have one. I think they're mainly for use with saving Virtual Console games and pictures onto them. But I'm not entirely sure.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You can also use them to save screenshots and replays from Smash Bros. Brawl, but you cant upload them to your computer unless you decrypt them with some website. I havnt tried it yet, but I got a cool picture of Wolf going AAARRROOOOOOO! in front of a giant moon. I want it as my wallpaper :frown:

I also got a picture of Bowser eating Charizard eating Pikachu, with pika having the most happiest look on its face while charizard is munching away, not caring that bowser is also trying to eat his head.

Actually, all my screenshots are saved to the Wii itself. I'm planning on buying an SD card specifically for my wii. Even though I do have one in my camera

speaking of which, anyone have Brawl?