No Day But Today- "Breaking Through Is Hard To Do"

Hubert

Reaction score
So...who wants to give me an MC history lesson about "No Day But Today"?

Princeton

Reaction score
As creator and writer, I may be a little biased. Snowthy or Beth are welcome to fill you in.

Princeton

Reaction score
I'm going to post the new episode in a few days, so I'll go ahead and give some background on the series. Around about 2004, there was a role-play thread on the forum called "The Moppet Family" that many people thought of as a sitcom even though it didn't exactly follow that format. Shortly after that, D'Snowth started writing an actual sitcom that he posted on the forum called "T*K*O", which was wildly popular. Ever the follower, I started my own sitcom called "No Day But Today", which followed the adventures of Princeton (named after my member name), his fiancee Madison, his boss Puddin' (also Madison's foster mother), his Granny Mae, Puddin's talking dog named Mr. Gus, and a wacky yoga instructor named Colby. The series was a lot of fun to write, but I soon became tired of the characters and because it was the third MC sitcom, the concept kind of became old hat and as such not many people responded to it.

Snowthy, feel free to add more to this backstory.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sorry I missed your last post Brian.

I should add that Puddin' also ran her own dance studio, where her three prominent pupils were a trio of Muppet Penguins: Olaf, Dwayne, and Murray.

In addition to that, the last we saw of the series, the episodes were building up to Princeton and Madison's wedding, but you had canceled the series before we saw the wedding, and that was quite a let down (I think AfterMASH pulled a similar stunt while Klinger apparently was in jail).

I also remember as far as casting choices go, Amanda Seyfried was Madison, and Jerry Stiller was the voice of Mr. Gus. I can't quite remember who G-MAN was without cheating and looking it up, and each episode seemed to have a celebrity guest star... I know I wrote at least one episode where Christopher Walken was a wealthy tycoon wanting to tear down Puddin's dance studio to build a new fitness center.

Hubert

Reaction score
Very interesting...well, knowing me, I'll just have to add this sitcom to my MC reading to do list...which reminds me, I still need to finish T*K*O...

Princeton

Reaction score
G-MAN played Colby.

And I'm revealing a big secret here: these are the voices I envisioned each of the penguins having.
Olaf: Jerry Nelson as Featherstone
Dwayne: Dave Goelz as William Tell's Son
Murray: Richard Hunt as Gunge