1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

No Day But Today- "Breaking Through Is Hard To Do"

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Princeton, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

No Day But Today- Episode 34
    Airdate: 1-6-07
    Written & Created by Princeton
    Starring: Princeton as Himself
    Redboobergurl as Puddin’
    Rue McClanahan as Granny Mae
    Camryn Manheim as Misty

Open on The Turquoise Parrot. Granny Mae and Princeton are organizing the menu for the wedding ceremony, which will be held at The Turquoise Parrot.

Granny Mae: Oh, Doo-dah, I just can’t decide between the roast duck or my Birmingham style gumbo!

Princeton: Well, Granny, I’d say neither, because neither one of them are on the menu.
    Granny Mae: Your point being?
    Princeton: Granny, you can’t put together a menu unless it includes items that are originally on the menu of the restaurant where the event will be held!
    Granny Mae: Whew! That sure made me dizzy! (Just then, Puddin’ walks in, looking quite disheveled) Why, Puddin’, you look like you’ve had quite the fright!
    Puddin’: Mae darling, let me clarify something. I’m British, which means I can say words like “fright” and “bloody”. *You’re* Southern, which means your vocabulary is limited to words like “tarnation” and “corn pone”.
    Princeton: Now, Puddin’, you don’t have to be mean about it.
    Puddin’: I know, Prin, and Mae, I do apologize, but I had a vision last night that hasn’t left me entirely yet.
    Granny Mae: Well, what was it?
    Puddin’: My dead mother was telling me I had to get in contact with her; apparently she has some important news to tell me.

Commercial Break

Granny Mae: Well, do you have any ideas about what she has to tell you?
    Puddin’: Not a clue! It may have something to do with the wedding, but then again, I couldn’t be sure. My main concern is how I’m going to get in contact with her. I certainly hope she’s not waiting for me to have another vision.
    Granny Mae: Well, Puddin’, the answer is quite clear to me: we go to a spiritual advisor!
    Puddin’: What do you mean “we”? *I’m* the one in crisis here, so common knowledge proves I work alone! Oh, Mae darling, I apologize again; really, it is a marvelous idea! But is there someone like that in Toledo?
    Granny Mae: Oh, why, darling, of course there is: Misty the Medium, down on the Hungarian side!

Cut to the parking lot of Misty’s apartment building. Puddin’ and Granny Mae are sitting outside in Puddin’s Mercedes.

Granny Mae: So, what are we waiting for?
    Puddin’: Well, Mae, you must admit this whole ordeal is a little spooky. Suppose we see this woman and then while I’m sleeping tonight, a zombie comes into my bedroom and sucks my brain right out of my skull?
    Granny Mae: Well, it *is* that time of the season.
    Puddin’: Oh, be still, would ya? Now come on, let’s get this over with! (They both get out of the car and walk in the building, up to Misty’s apartment. Puddin’ knocks on the door)
    Misty (from inside): ENTER!

Commercial Break

Open on Puddin’ and Granny Mae walking into Misty’s apartment. Misty runs out of her kitchen area and scoops them both up in a huge hug.

Misty (puts them down): Oh, excuse me, ladies, but I like to start off each session with a hug.
    Puddin’: Think nothing of it, Misty. Whatever you want to do is fine with us.
    Misty: Well, thank you for understanding, Puddin’.
    Puddin’ (amazed): But…I never told you my name!
    Misty: I know, I’m a little psychic, too. Now, the overall fee is $5 and that does not include tip.
    Puddin (hands her a $5 bill): Naturally.
    Misty: Ladies, if you may, please sit around this table. (All three sit down) Now, let’s begin. Okay, I’m getting a… dead duck?
    Puddin’: Oh, that must be my dead mother; her name was Ducklin’!
    Misty: Excellent. Now, your mother is sending us a message regarding a ceremony… of some sort?
    Puddin’: Why, yes! My foster daughter is getting married!
    Granny Mae: To my grandson!
    Misty: Please, Ms. Mae, I work alone. Moving on. Puddin’, am I right in assuming that you are displeased with these nuptials?
    Puddin’: Yes, extremely.
    Misty: All right, now we’re getting somewhere! Now, Puddin’, I must tell you that you are not the only one who is displeased. Your mother is telling me that she is simply disgusted with your attitude towards this whole thing. She says that if you do not change your ways, she will be forever ashamed of you. Now… oh, Puddin’, I’m sorry, we seem to have lost her. Well, Puddin’, have I done a satisfactory job?
    Puddin’: Above and beyond. Now, what might be an appropriate tip for your services?
    Misty: No worries, Puddin’. This one’s on the house.

The End
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Puddin' wouldn't like me, I'm southern as well, but we certainly don't use phrases like "tarnation" and "corn pone" anymore.

And wow, when's the last time we had a Madison-less episode?
  3. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Great episode, I like how Puddin's mother's name was Ducklin'! Very cute.
  4. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Sorry I never got round to replying to this one Brian. Good work.
  5. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Upon rediscovery, I remember that an earlier draft had "catfish" instead of "corn pone", which I think works better; not sure why I changed it.
  6. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Wow, this is a blast from the past to see pop up! :)
  7. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Yeah, I found this while looking for another thread. Plus, I used to have the whole series (plus two unposted episodes) on my hard drive, but they're long gone.
  8. D'Snowth

I was really disappointed that the series was canceled before the finale was posted... it's a shame that those lost episodes are long gone now, maybe someday in the future you could re-write them to the best of your memory? I remember I had to re-write an entire season of T*K*O after a lightning storm destroyed an old hard drive of mine.
  9. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

After I stopped posting the series on MC, I only wrote two more and then ended the series for good. One of them I won't post because of content issues, but if you're really interested in the other, I'm confident I can re-write it. Just let me know.
  10. D'Snowth

I for one would definitely like to see it.
  11. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I'll have it up either this week or weekend.
    muppetfan24/7 and redBoobergurl like this.
  12. D'Snowth

13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

So...who wants to give me an MC history lesson about "No Day But Today"?
  14. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

As creator and writer, I may be a little biased. Snowthy or Beth are welcome to fill you in.
  15. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I'm going to post the new episode in a few days, so I'll go ahead and give some background on the series. Around about 2004, there was a role-play thread on the forum called "The Moppet Family" that many people thought of as a sitcom even though it didn't exactly follow that format. Shortly after that, D'Snowth started writing an actual sitcom that he posted on the forum called "T*K*O", which was wildly popular. Ever the follower, I started my own sitcom called "No Day But Today", which followed the adventures of Princeton (named after my member name), his fiancee Madison, his boss Puddin' (also Madison's foster mother), his Granny Mae, Puddin's talking dog named Mr. Gus, and a wacky yoga instructor named Colby. The series was a lot of fun to write, but I soon became tired of the characters and because it was the third MC sitcom, the concept kind of became old hat and as such not many people responded to it.

Snowthy, feel free to add more to this backstory.
  16. D'Snowth

Sorry I missed your last post Brian.

I should add that Puddin' also ran her own dance studio, where her three prominent pupils were a trio of Muppet Penguins: Olaf, Dwayne, and Murray.

In addition to that, the last we saw of the series, the episodes were building up to Princeton and Madison's wedding, but you had canceled the series before we saw the wedding, and that was quite a let down (I think AfterMASH pulled a similar stunt while Klinger apparently was in jail).

I also remember as far as casting choices go, Amanda Seyfried was Madison, and Jerry Stiller was the voice of Mr. Gus. I can't quite remember who G-MAN was without cheating and looking it up, and each episode seemed to have a celebrity guest star... I know I wrote at least one episode where Christopher Walken was a wealthy tycoon wanting to tear down Puddin's dance studio to build a new fitness center.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Very interesting...well, knowing me, I'll just have to add this sitcom to my MC reading to do list...which reminds me, I still need to finish T*K*O...
  18. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

G-MAN played Colby.

And I'm revealing a big secret here: these are the voices I envisioned each of the penguins having.
    Olaf: Jerry Nelson as Featherstone
    Dwayne: Dave Goelz as William Tell's Son
    Murray: Richard Hunt as Gunge