No Fraggle Rock DVDs in the U.S.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey guys-

Some very sad news: I e-mailed Henson.com about Fraggle Rock coming to DVD, and this was their response:

<<Dear Billy,

While it is true that Fraggle Rock will be released on DVD in France, there are no current plans to re-release Fraggle Rock on DVD or VHS in the United States. Should there be a decision to do so, it will be announced first on www.henson.com.

However, Your email has been forwarded to our Marketing group so thanks for your input.

Thanks for writing and regards . . .

The Jim Henson Company>>

Very, VERY, bad decision. I cannot possibly think of a reason for this misaction. :mad:

- Billy :cool:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

We obviously need to send our requests to Marketing.

And show them the DVD Petition link !

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Is there any word yet on how the English/French barrier is going to be overcome on the French Fraggle DVD's. If i'm going to buy them i didn't particularly want the French Doc and Travelling Matt bits - i want the UK ones.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

I dont know, I should think it woudl be french with Subtitles or Dubbed ?

It could get nasty if they left the French Docs and used the English Matt soundtrack - LOL

See ya

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I was hoping I'd catch you before I left, Warrick :smile:

Please, definately send (or re-send) your link and signatures from your petition to them. They apparently don't know what this opportunity means to Fraggle Rock fans outside of France :frown:

I find it difficult to believe that 3800+ people can be ignored like that.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
<<It could get nasty if they left the French Docs and used the English Matt soundtrack - LOL>>

Yeah, that might be a bad situation :stick_out_tongue:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Henson definitely wants to get Fraggle Rock on DVD in the US even if it's a few volumes. The challenge is getting a video distributor willing to put the major bucks behind the releases to make that happen. They've been quietly working on quite a bit of promotion for Fraggle in the upcoming 18 months, so stay tuned. Like everyone's stated before, Fraggle Rock is more than deserving of DVD releases, especially in the post-September 11 world we now live in.