No Fraggle Rock DVDs in the U.S.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

The Company who produced the 'My So Called Life' DVD Series, Was interested in Purchasing the Rights to Fraggle Rock, Im not sure if Henson wanted to go through with it tho.

But before this i did hear rumours of Next Summer 'Best Of...' DVD's.

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
>>>While it is true that Fraggle Rock will be released on DVD in France, there are no current plans to re-release Fraggle Rock on DVD or VHS in the United States<<<

Heck, thats not sad news to me! Makes it more special, heh...THANK GOODNESS for region free pal playable offbrand dvd players!:wink:

pinkfragglegirl

Reaction score
>>>>>>>>It's not special for people without "region free pal playable offbrand dvd players!!!!!!" haha...I love the Fraggles! I'm obsessed!!! I wasn't aware that I couldn't buy the DVDs here! I'm so upset now... but does anyone know what those DVD collections on Ebay are then?

:excited: pinkfragglegirl :excited:

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
pinkfragglegirl said:
>>>>>>>>It's not special for people without "region free pal playable offbrand dvd players!!!!!!" haha...I love the Fraggles! I'm obsessed!!! I wasn't aware that I couldn't buy the DVDs here! I'm so upset now... but does anyone know what those DVD collections on Ebay are then?

:excited: pinkfragglegirl :excited:
Well, the eBay stuff (most of it anyway) dealing with Fraggle VCDs or DVDs is mostly bogus stuff. There is a lot of valid sale material, I'm not saying you won't get the material, but a lot of the DVD collections and VCD collections are mis-titled as supposedly having "the complete series" (and only stating that there are about 25 or 30 episodes - there are 96 if my count is correct). This should be blatantly obvious to any Fraggle fan that these are bogus in their advertising. But if you want them, I can't exactly stop you from hitting "Buy"....just to let you know before (if) you buy....

Look more at the VCDs though, there are usually more episodes for far cheaper prices (and I'm not condoning this activity in any way, but if you're going to buy, look into these rather than the so-called "DVDs") There ya go!

(Oh and by the way, in case there are a few out there who think I'm into this sorta stuff - buying VCD INSTEAD of the actual media - I'll assure you I will be the first one in the shops here in Boise to buy Fraggle!)

:smile: Have a lovely day!

>Adam

anathema

Reaction score
Alternatively, don't buy them! Quite apart from the illegality of this, it could lead to Henson cracking down on tape-trading as well. It's happened before.

Incidentally, ALL the shows listed on these DVDs or VCDs are downloadable from the various P2P networks. I (obviously) haven't seen the discs being sold, but from the screenshots being posted in the eBay listings and the suspicious coincidence that *only* the downloadable shows are on the discs, it seems a reasonable bet that the either the P2P networks are the source of the shows, or else the guy doing the discs is also uploading the AVIs. Either way, the picture and sound quality is bloody awful, so they're really not worth bothering with. VHS recordings are much better quality :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
If it is indeed true FR dvds are never coming to the US, its hard for me to say "OMG dont buy bootlegs or download!" ...Im sure Im not the only one who wasnt able to really see Fraggle Rock in the 80's (or much in the 90's) due to not being able to afford HBO or cable^_^

As for the French dvds, if they had a English track...Id be all up in that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if anything has changed, since this has been a year ago.

Why the heck can't FR be on DVD? I mean, honestly! If companies can put New Zoo Revue and old film strips like Hemo the Magnificent on DVD, who's to say this wouldn't be successful? I mean, the merchandise is selling like gangbusters, not having a DVD is pretty senseless if ya ask me. I mean, if they make one for the UK, and use the original USA openings and UK openings as a special feature or something, who's to say they can just port it onto a region one disk?