No shirts, no shoes, no service, no more?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That reminds me, the other day I went into a place with my birthday suit on........

No, no, no....In all seriousness, I haven't encountered anyone not wearing shirts, pants, shoes somewhere. I'm from Texas, not Mississippi. We have standards in the lone star state. :big_grin:

Convincing John

Reaction score
I hate shoes too! Thats why I ususally wear sandals. But I cant stand those ones with the strap that goes between your toe. I have to wear the ones that go over the top of your foot.
Same here! Luckily, my boss doesn't mind if I work in my socks. (She said she's done it herself):smile: I sit behind a desk for some of the workday and our patrons (some of whom take their shoes off anyway) couldn't care less about what I'm wearing (or not wearing) on my feet. As long as I help them find what they need, they don't care. I don't retrieve or shelve books with my feet. If I did, I'd be the orangutan librarian from the Terry Pratchett Discworld series.:wink:

I have always, always, always been more successful, more productive and more relaxed if I'm not wearing my shoes. My artwork turns out a lot better too. Dunno why that is, but it is.

Convincing John

beau

Reaction score
The "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" thing has never been law... anywhere.

It's just that private establishments have the sign on the window/door to coerce people into following a nonexistent law.

Dead serious.

If Arizona weren't so darn hot I'd not wear shoes. I hate them so much. Not to mention they're a haven for bacteria and stuff like that. Eww.

Convincing John

Reaction score
If Arizona weren't so darn hot I'd not wear shoes. I hate them so much. Not to mention they're a haven for bacteria and stuff like that. Eww.
Sandals are open, so they don't attract the same bacteria as say, a sneaker would. You know what? A friend of mine told me that there was a school in Hawaii that let their students and staff go barefoot if they wanted. Of course that's Hawaii.:big_grin:

Convincing John

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Establishments have the legal right to eject any patron for any reason - shirtless, shoeless people included. However, establishments could reject patrons for wearing shirts and shoes if they wanted. :stick_out_tongue:

I'm fine with the way people dress...just not how they smell. Not everybody needs deoderant, but it's always those who need it the most that won't wear it! There are other people! :smirk:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Establishments have the legal right to eject any patron for any reason - shirtless, shoeless people included. However, establishments could reject patrons for wearing shirts and shoes if they wanted. :stick_out_tongue:

I'm fine with the way people dress...just not how they smell. Not everybody needs deoderant, but it's always those who need it the most that won't wear it! There are other people! :smirk:
Ain't that the truth! There's a fanfic story I wrote a while ago called "The Best Neighbor". The villain in it had breath inspired by some of my old classmates. I swear, it smelled like someone burned a plate of rotten sausages and then rolled 'em in expired mayonnaise. Tic Tacs aren't expensive, people! Yeesh!

Of course, Tic Tac is good for feet, too. You didn't know that? Well, just look at this video at the 4:15 mark. :wink:

Convincing John

beau

Reaction score
Sandals are open, so they don't attract the same bacteria as say, a sneaker would. You know what? A friend of mine told me that there was a school in Hawaii that let their students and staff go barefoot if they wanted. Of course that's Hawaii.:big_grin:

Convincing John
Yeah, many schools in Hawaii allow that from what I've seen. Heck, some schools in the continental US allow it as well. Of course, they're by the beaches.