Noggin is going to give Sesame Street even less airtime

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I'll get you your tape! Don't worry!

Cheebo

Reaction score
"I HATE SEASON 34 OF SESAME STREET!!! DO YOU?"
Quite the opposite. 34 is my favorite season in years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Naw... it's season 33 you should really hate. I mean, repetitive dull longer JTE, Frequent Monster Clubhouse.....igh!

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, maybe Season 34 isn't as bad as 33, but it's still not like it used to be back in the good ol' days.

Dave Thomer

Reaction score
Funny, my daughter likes it just fine . . you'd think she was the one they were making the show for, or something.

Cheebo

Reaction score
"Funny, my daughter likes it just fine . . you'd think she was the one they were making the show for, or something."
Haha..quite true though. A lot of muppet fans seems to forget that sometimes.

Frazzle

Reaction score
SS will ALWAYS be around. There is alot of money & cultural influence tied into it. It's an icon in children's (& adults) television programming. Think about it, SS merchandise, Sesame Place, Sesame Live. The show will always be around. The question is:

WHERE?

PBS will show the new seasons as long as they continue to be made. Seems that the old archive of favorites are going to go underground again though, unless someone is willing to invest in a possible all Muppet/CTW/Sesame sort of project. I think a television channel would be a worthwhile investment & it would please fans of all tastes in SS, Fraggle Rock, MS, PWMS, Unpaved & yes even Elmo's World. I mean, I'm sure there is plenty of old stuff in the archives, so it's not like extra money is needed right away to sink into new productions & shows. (unless Elmo's World is spun off as its own show) It's all about who owns the rights to the materials & so on. Produce a channel, give the trusted old goodies a test run & see how well it does. I'm wondering if we can get enough requests together & draw enough attention to this potential idea. Perhaps if enough voices are heard, someone may take interest in this budding idea. Just think of the marketing strategy. Making it accessible, makes it soar in popularity again, thus more memorabilia, collectibles, toys, movies, new shows, tickets sold to Sesame Place, Sesame Live, more audience expansion... It can all snowball into great things from there. Anyone have any opinions?