(Non-Spoiler) Simpsons Movie Thread

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Cool! Anyone know how to make glasses on your simpsons avatars you can make at the official website?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't wait... I've been waiting for a Simpsons movie since they first broke free of the grasp of the Tracy Ulman show.

As I've said before here's the cultural difference in animation between the US and Japan.... in Japan, a cartoon that is around maybe 5 years is guaranteed at least 2 or 3 films... some shows that have been around a while and are really popular get a new movie every year (Doraemon especially). Here, we're lucky to have a cartoon even get made into a theatrical production. By the Japanese model, we would have had at least 10 Simpsons films by now! Of course, their films are usually 45 minutes long, and in double features with another show.

I REALLY hope they don't screw it up like they've screwed up the last few seasons, but I still will be there opening day... or at least, the first few days.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The Simpsons team have been talking about a movie for years. We're talking early 90s here, when the show first hit it big. But there were various starts and stops since at least 2005/early 2006.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I've heard Matt Groening say that he wanted to make Simpson's Movies after the show had ended.

Kiki

Reaction score
I cannot WAIT 'till The Simpsons Movie comes out! :excited: I know this sounds awful but nowdays I don't bother going to the movies much unless I'm reeeeally keen to see something. Anyways, this film sounds awesome, I'm so gonna see it! :smile:

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
This movie comes out the day before my 21st birthday!

I know that this movies comes out on the day before my 21st birthday because the day it's scheduled to come out is July 27, and my birthday is July 28. This is one movie that I want to go see because I almost always watch the show. That website, simpsonschannel.com, I was wondering if they had a way to get e-mails to people who watch the show and want to know more about the move. I've never seen a preview for the movie where I live, and I don't know why. :halo: :smile: :halo:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I cannot WAIT 'till The Simpsons Movie comes out! :excited: I know this sounds awful but nowdays I don't bother going to the movies much unless I'm reeeeally keen to see something. Anyways, this film sounds awesome, I'm so gonna see it! :smile:
It doesn't sound awful. I'm the same way about most current movies. Between 2006-present, I've only been to the theater a handful of times.

Beauregard

Reaction score
She said awesome, not aweful...! Small but significant difference.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
She said awesome, not aweful...! Small but significant difference.
lol, I was referring to her second sentence, which states "I know this sounds awful but nowadays I don't bother going to the movies much..."

And I was agreeing with her. I don't either. I think I've only seen two movies in the theater so far this year: Zodiac and Grindhouse.

I'm all for The Simpsons Movie! BRING IT ON!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the plotline is? The writers are keeping it so secret!