1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

At long last; we'll be normal by this weekend, and it looks like it'll stay that way!

2. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

I know, and I'm glad - the highs this weekend should be in the low 70s!

3. D'Snowth

We'll be in the 60s. ;)

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

It was actually pretty warm today (but not broiling hot, so no complaints).

5. D'Snowth

Well, surprisingly, it's looking like November is going to be below average this year! Not complaining at all! It's a little strange already being in sweater weather this early in the month, and we're already looking at jacket and coat weather in the weeks to come!

But, this is still making me worried about the upcoming winter. Different sources are saying El Nino will bring us an unusually cold and precipitous (not necessarily snow, mind you) winter this season, but I still have a sickening feeling that won't really be the case. Like, again, August was below average this year, but then half of September jumped up above average in the 90s . . . I can easily see after this below average November in the 40s and 50s that December will suddenly jump up into the 60s and 70s.

newsmanfan likes this.
  6. LittleJerry92

Long as we get that snow, I'm happy.

newsmanfan likes this.
  7. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ dude, how low do you want the temps to be?

8. LittleJerry92

He is a big guy, so....

9. Blue Frackle

Ugh, I probably wouldn't complain about it if I didn't have to work in the equivalent of what the temps are outside (no heat in the building, and I work in a former freezer); I used to be one of those guys that wear shorts year-round to school, but yeah. There's nothing better than working in a place like that and having a runny nose all day and the cherry on top is not getting enough sleep the night before.

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

It was really warm today after a few days in a row of below 40 degree weather.
    It was actually a quite welcome change. I hate to say it but, I don't think i'm ready for it to be that cold yet.

11. D'Snowth

Up until yesterday, December actually started out below average, which is very unusual for us: for several days, our highs were only in the 30s and 40s - we even woke up to a little bit of snow on the ground this past Sunday, and snowfall in December is very rare for us!

We're back to normal now in the 50s, and it looks like the remainder of the month will be like that, but that's okay; least it's still nice sweater weather, as it should be this time of year. I was so afraid this would end up being another one of those Decembers where it keeps jumping up into the 60s or even 70s all month long; glad this was one of those many occasions where my instincts were incorrect.

12. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Bummed that we didn't get snow for Christmas, and the precipitation this week is forecast to be a mix of rain and snow, freezing rain, ice...yuck.

Not a fan of climate change, and the locals who joke about it irritate me. To **** with these highs in the mid-30s. I want WINTER, ******.

13. D'Snowth

And, here we are! :rolleyes:

Okay, so, it's just for one day today, but . . . yeah, it's not supposed to be in the 60s in December (or January, for that matter).

Actually, the first week and a half of December actually started out below average for us - we even had overnight snow one weekend, and snow December is rare for us. Then, up until today, it was pretty much normal and average . . . except with a lot of rain, so I guess the El Nino forecast has been accurate so far.

14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It's 50 degrees here at the moment, which is really unusual actually.

15. D'Snowth

It jumped up 20 degrees above average into the 70s today.

What an appropriately crappy way to end what was certainly an incredibly crappy year.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  16. Pig's Laundry

17. D'Snowth

I'm pretty sure that's a wild exaggeration. Antarctica is usually over a hundred degrees below zero . . . I doubt it'll be that cold in Chicago.

18. Pig's Laundry

Ah but, currently the temperature in Antarctica is in the minus 20s-30s.

19. Blue Frackle

Literally subzero temperatures at my job tomorrow with open dock doors in a former freezer, but lucky me took the day off to stay home and play Kingdom Hearts 3! I get to enjoy the game I've been waiting over a decade for, and not potentially die! Yay! hahahahaha :D

These temperatures are seriously not going to be funny tomorrow though; they're saying -50 wind chill. Today's 20 degrees was a sauna.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  20. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Currently -23 degrees here with a -45 wind chill factor. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Froggy Fool and Blue Frackle like this.