None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah dang it! We were supposed to get another random day of relief from the heat today, but nope, it decided to stay up in the 90s still.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Finally, at last, an extended period of relief from the heat! 'Bout freakin' time!

In fact, looking at the future forecast, it almost seems as if this is actually an early end to summer, which has never happened before: summer's overstayed its welcome before (last couple of years, in fact), but I don't believe it's ever ended early . . . but, I'm not holding my breath. It may not show anymore 90 degree days in the forecast yet, but we still have two more weeks of August, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised it perhaps the heat'll return at the last minute.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It may not show anymore 90 degree days in the forecast yet, but we still have two more weeks of August, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised it perhaps the heat'll return at the last minute.
Yep. I knew if I held my breath, I'd lose it. Not only has the heat returned early (yeah, less than a week of relief, what a difference that made), but it would appear according to the futurecast that the heat will remain for the rest of the month. HUH-ray.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's been pretty hot where I live and my family doesn't really like the heat, but i'm pretty used to it at this point. I think it's because I go outside a lot. Anyways, it's been pretty cloudy recently so the temperature's been in the 70s for about a week now. It feels like autumn.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek:

I'd kill for some 70s right now! I don't think it's ever gotten that cool in August around here! Strangely enough, it did get down to like 75 or so on my birthday a few years back: how often can I say something like that has happened?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Good lord, it's up to 97 today, that's the hottest day of the year so far! Sure, it's been much hotter down here before, but . . . dang. Summer will practically be over in a week, it sure is intensifying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT! IT HAPPENED AGAIN! IT HAPPENED AGAIN! THE FIRST FULL WEEK OF SEPTEMBER HAS BEEN CANCELED AGAIN BECAUSE AUGUST WANT TO CONTINUE TO RUN LONGER THAN IT'S SUPPOSED TO! THIS IS THE THIRD FROGGIN' YEAR IN A ROW THIS HAS HAPPENED! I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS SUMMER HEAT, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE OVER BY NOW, BUT NOOOOO, SUMMER HAS TO PROLONG ITSELF A LITTLE WHILE LONGER. SEPTEMBER IS MY FAVORITE MONTH, AND THE FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER IS MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR! IT FEELS LIKE BEING BORN AGAIN AFTER BEING STUCK IN LIMBO FOR THREE MONTHS, AND ONCE AGAIN, IT'S BEING TAKEN AWAY AND ANOTHER WEEKS OF DEPRIVATION HAS TO BE ENDURED FOR THE SAKE OF PROLONGING THE **** SUMMER HEAT!!! THIS HAS EFFECTIVELY RUINED MY ENTIRE WEEK! I'M ON THE VERGE OF A PSYCHOLOGICAL BREAKDOWN HERE HAVING TO BE DEPRIVED OF THE FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW! HOW COME WE ALWAYS HAVE TO LOSE A PERCENTAGE OF FALL AND/OR WINTER, BUT SUMMER FANS NEVER HAVE TO LOSE ONE DAY OF THEIR PRECIOUS HEAT?! I'LL TELL YA WHY: CLIMATE CHANGE! WHAT MORE PROOF DO THESE RIGHT WING WHACKJOBS NEED THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL AND HAPPENING ALL AROUND US?! HOW CAN THEY CONTINUE TO IGNORE THE SIGNS THAT OUR SUMMERS ARE GETTING LONGER AND HOTTER AND OUR WINTERS ARE GETTING SHORTER AND WARMER?! GREENLAND'S LOST ONE TRILLION TONS OF SURFACE ICE IN THE LAST THREE YEARS BECAUSE OF CLIMATE CHANGE! DOES THE FAR RIGHT WANT TO DESTROY OUR PLANET OR SOMETHING?! I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW SO UTTERLY ****** I AM THAT THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN! FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW! WHAT, DOES THIS MEAN WE'LL HAVE NO CHRISTMAS AGAIN THIS YEAR EITHER!? THAT'S BECOMING AN EVERY YEAR THING NOW TOO! LAST YEAR WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST CHRISTMAS WE EVER HAD, IT WAS MORE LIKE SPRINGTIME IN FLORIDA! MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR, TAKEN AWAY FROM ME AGAIN!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so apparently, Climate Change isn't necessarily playing a factor in delaying September this year, it's apparently the fault of Hurricane Hermine pulling tropical air up from the Atlantic and leaving it behind in its path.

Still. . . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, I'm going to keep posting these everyday until this unseasonable heatwave is finally over - which apparently now won't be till the middle of next week, meaning we're losing an entire third of September this year!