Nora In Wonderland: A Dark Fairytale

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Bump. Um, hi? Squeeky? Oh well... *Goes back to reading, unaware of the little monster lurking near.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Skool Daze

“Rabbit isn’t one of the most respected geniuses in Wonderland, but he has his worth to those he values.” Came a voice.

Nora spun around and froze. Before her was an oddly concerned friend, quite a diverse turn from the usual airy confidence that enhanced his mysterious ways. Her eyes softened at Scooter’s emotional slip-up as it turned out he really did care for her well-being. Though his actions expressed otherwise, he meant well. She wondered why she hadn’t killed him for leaving her.

She let out a soothing sigh and proceeded in inspecting the flask. Her long, navy hair tumbled into her face. Nora smiled unsurely, pulling it back with two small butterfly clips she had tucked away in her pocket. Aside from the fact she had caught Cheshire red-handed, her thoughts returned to the quick-witted Rabbit. It was clear he was nearby, no doubt.

Scooter felt the heat go to his cheeks. He was somewhat thankful he did not poke fun at his “mistake”. “If you do drink it then, well then by golly, let’s just say you’ll turn into something else. You may also feel a little sting—It’ll pass, I’m sure.” He warned.

She blinked and turned her eyes away from his. “Why does Wonderland always resort to violence?” asked Nora to no one in particular, and bravely took a swig of the flask’s contents. A minute later she found herself writhing in pain on the floor. She suppressed her cries so she wouldn’t give herself away to her blood-thirsty rivals.

A sudden change in Scooter’s behavior was made known. It was so abrupt, it was unexpected. “How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few.” He said. He swiftly changed into his Cheshire cat form once her pain had come to pass. He snuggled by her side to offer her comfort.

She trembled from the experience. “You really think-k so?” Nora asked.

He nodded understandingly. “Yeah.” Said Scooter, allowing some emotion to pull through, despite the fact he was euphoric with the mere mention of pain. However, he had to resist the nothing that had destroyed Wonderland so. This made him realize that if they weren’t quick, he’d surely fall under the darkness’s’ influence.

“Come now.” He said, brushing his cheek against hers.

“Thanks…hmm, I feel strangely energized…” She noted.

“Yeah, I’ve tried it once. It works great.” He acknowledged.

Without warning, they broke into a run towards a particularly large door. All those who had opposed them lost their heads to her blade. The door swung open, then another, another…

“It’s everlasting!” Nora cried.

“It’s never-ending!” Scooter joined.

“I was wrong!” Nora exclaimed, coming to a halt.

“You were wrong!” Scooter cried.

Nora glared at him lightly.

The world around them was nothing but a gray swirling vortex. The only thing accessible was the door floating in front of them. Sadly, they couldn’t get across because there wasn’t anything to reach it by.

“Maybe we could jump?” Scooter asked.

“Yes, and plummet to our untimely death.” She added.

“Gosh…that sounds really nice, actually.” He mused.

Smoothing out her dress, Nora took a courageous step forward. The nothingness beneath her had formed into a jade tile. Heights were rather uncomfortable as she continued on towards the mismatched path, but this wasn’t the time to respond to her fear, so slowly did so grow ever so near. It wasn’t long until they stood before the ivory door.

She opened the door, not wanting to know what lurked behind it.
It turned out to be a rocky bridge to a crooked looking school.

“Entering school requires a real leap of logic…” He shivered at the last word in the sentence.

“Perhaps you’ll learn something about sanity.” She teased.

“Huh, I’d rather be caught dead.” Scooter muttered.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Made in error with the red eyes quote...honestly, I'm blind!
Hold on...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
AHHH! Eddie ZIFFLED me!
I was trying to surprise you, Eddiekins! XP

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Did I? You look so cute with red eyes, they suit so few people after all. Mmm, this is perhaps one of the more intriguing updates. We see some emotion pass between `Scooter/Cheshire and Nora... He even purrs next to her contentedly. There's even some concern for the girl... And then he's back to normal considering the glee of falling to their doom at the grayish vortex. He's rather Gonzoish, it plays well for his character here. And then there's Nora, dear Nora... All red with rage. Well, I guess there'll be some joke about her being blue and black and red all over... There's some color here too... Green jade tiles rising out of the gray vortex reaching the ivory door. And there's the rickety rocketing schoolhouse... Mmm, I await your update after this with curiosity.

1, 2, Quickly through.
And past the snicker-snag.
*Glomps Claudia.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Decides to reserve a rockin' rauckus reply for when the chapter with the schoolhouse is posted. *Evil smile.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*0 <3 the perfect palindrome of Squeeky's post total. I <3 math 2! :batty:!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Trap door swings open. Update please?
*Door closes up again. :shifty:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I'll post today as I'm filled with heartbreak.
So, it's perfect for this sort of fic.
Just perfect.

Ok, typing...