"Normal" Rowlf & Sam The Eagle

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I don't think it was negative. A legitimate question totally. I don't think anyome else really took it as negative either.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
If the fine folks at Palisades are out there reading this, thanks again for making such AWESOME toys! In case you're planning ahead, a rare Muppet I'd like to see a figure for would be "Digit" from "the Jim Henson Hour: MuppeTelevision". He was kind of a cross between Data from Star Trek and Reverend Jim from Taxi. Maybe around Series #27 or so, that would be great.
Hi!
Right now Palisades does not have the right's to the Jim Henson Hour, so they can't make any charcters that came from that show. I know there is a memeber here with the screen name "Beaker" who is REALLY pushing for a Digit figure, he would make a really cool sculpt.

oh and the fine people at Palisades are reading this, Ken, Residentlilly is from Palisades:smile:

zack,

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
when people think of gonzo they don't think of him and "the purple suit", they think of him doing crazy things...so it's fitting,
Personally, although I remember Gonzo doing his crazy stunts, the one consistent thing that happened in *every* episode was Gonzo in his suit showing up in the intro and blowing his trumpet to hit his last note. As this is featured in every opening number (after first series) it's what I remember most about him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Me too. That's signature Gonzo IMHO. He was wearing that suit in most publicity photos too. I wonder if he washed it - or maybe he stores his mold collection in there. :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Personally, although I remember Gonzo doing his crazy stunts, the one consistent thing that happened in *every* episode was Gonzo in his suit showing up in the intro and blowing his trumpet to hit his last note. As this is featured in every opening number (after first series) it's what I remember most about him.
Oh defently, all us Muppet Fan's do, i mean just genral public, so much as younger children. i'm sure many adult's would remember this too if they watched the muppet show, there's notthing reguler about Gonzo though;-)

dan

Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to pipe in here with my opinion. I fully understand why the variants have come out before the regular versions. I get it. And if it does indeed keep the line going, great. Well done.

I am concerned about not getting regular Sam and Rowlf though. I will be getting Rowlf in a tux because he is my favorite character and I can't take the chance of never getting him if the line stops. I just can't bring myself to get Sam however. Hes a great character and the figure is nice, but that movie was SO bad that I will be depressed everytime I look at Sam. Man that movie stunk. I won't be buying ANY MTI stuff or MCC stuff. But you kids should buy doubles and do what you have to do to make sure the line keeps going so I can get the figures I want.:big_grin:

mikealan

Reaction score
What series will both the normal Rowlf the Dog and Sam the Eagle be produced?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That has not been determined. We only know through wave 6 and part of wave 7. There should be 14 waves if all goes well. :wink:

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
...and they never even made a naked Daffy.
Therein lies the concern... we all love the Palisades Muppet line... I just think some of us are trying to save a little desk space by buying only one of each character, and are worried that should something go wrong we will never see our favorites in their regular form.

I'm not arguing with the logic of releasing the others - it makes perfect sense. But I for one held off on Gonzo with the cannon because I knew Gonzo is coming out in his tux with Camilla later.

I just want to be sure to get a nude Sam! :smile:

- Derek

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It has been expressed many times that the sculpts have been made - so it is logical that even if the line tanks that Palisades will try to benefit from the enormous investment of these expensive sculpts in one way or another. :wink: Don't panic, it's very likely to happen.