Not happy with my Lab playset

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I finally found a Muppet Labs playset and I was very excited. When I got it home later that day, I took it out of the package no problem. Then, I put Beaker on the table and strapped him in. I started to put the "helmet" on his head, and realized the "wires" connected to the table were not all that flexible. So I tried very carefully to position it properly. It didn't matter. One of the wires broke right off, and can't even be glued back. It was pretty disheartening, especially after I was so eager to get one. So I just let it sit there while I stewed for a bit.
I came back & later realized that the Gorilla Detector had leaked something on the Muppet Labs floor, causing a stained/discolored puddle on the playset. I don't know what caused it- I assume it was paint thinner or something.
So basically now my labs playset has become the black sheep of my Muppets figures collection. :frown: I'm especially upset because I've always raved about Palisades Muppets line up to this point. I just thought I would share this to see if anyone else has had any similar problems, and also to let Ken & the guys at Palisades know so improvements can be made in the future, since I plan on getting all of them.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I can relate to the wire-breaking-off thing. It didn't happen as quickly as your did, but it still happened.

Luke

Reaction score
I guess obviously you should just return it as fast as possible, so hopefully there'll be another one there and you'll be second time lucky. The liquid issue is strange, and not very safe - it's kinda hard to see how that could happen.

wong

Reaction score
i just checked and their was liquid on mine too. when I wiped it off the ink came off with it.

Jackie

Reaction score
This is why i don't open my muppets! LOL!!!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
My gorilla dectector had that goo too. I opened it up, and I was like "What is this crap?" And I put it in the sink with lots of water and soap, but I don't think it worked...

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
Those are the exact things that happened with my playset. The way I figure it, Muppet Labs always has some sort of mishap and so it is very fitting.

What is that slick liquid? It's oily.

I tucked the helmet cable behind the table and it looks fine.

beaker

Reaction score
For the record....

Yes, there is gobs of what appears to be some sort of golden honey like paint or something all over the playset...the table is broken...however, I really thought that was part of the look of the playset. To be honest I mainly just boguht it for Beaker(Hey I woulda paid $30 for Beaker if thats what it takes)
So my playset is now just used in conjunction with the custom NBC weatherman Al Roker figure I made.

Just because the playset is riddled with defectiveness, so what?
It fits with the industrial look. I have no complaints(well kinda wished the lab was closer to the TMS one that something out of Frankenstein, but oh well)

ttrentham

Reaction score
Odd. I just checked mine and my gorilla detector seems dry. I also have Beaker strapped to the table with the helmet on his head. The cords from the table remain intact and attached at both ends. However, given your experiences, I may take Beaker off the table so as not to overly stress the tubes connecting the helmet to the table.

grail

Reaction score
the yellow paint in various places on the playset does indeed appear to be deliberate. the way i understood it, it was there to add to the feel of the place.

my gorrilla detector was dry as well, but i'm really curious as to what would have been in the others...that's just weird.

as for the table. well...my table is fine so far, but then i don't use it much. i found early on that using the helmet was taking the paint off of Beaker's hair, and so i decided that only vanishing cream Beaker was good to use on it. currently i have Kermit on it, because it reminds me of TMM, and because he doesn't stand too well on his own...