Now I'm glad I don't have cable....

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
speaking of old cable channels and classic cartoons.. anyone remember USA's Cartoon Express? .. man, if I didn't get my Wacky Races fix before school, the whole day was shot :stick_out_tongue:
Yes! Hosted by the loveable Gene and his dog, Liza (both were animated, too). But I recall it airing later in the day, around 6:30 or 7 PM EST. First it was Masters of the Universe, then Cartoon Express. My homework was usually done by the time He-Man came on! And if it wasn't...it would have to wait until Cartoon Express was over.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Did USA also air Clue Club, an animated series that bore some similarities to Scooby-Doo? I remember watching that every weeknight as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course Clue Club bore resmblance to Scooby Doo. That was during the dark period of Hanna Barbera in the 1970's... shudder....

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Of course Clue Club bore resmblance to Scooby Doo. That was during the dark period of Hanna Barbera in the 1970's... shudder....
I thought that was a Hanna Barbera show, I wasn't sure. Didn't they have a dog or something, too?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought that was a Hanna Barbera show, I wasn't sure. Didn't they have a dog or something, too?
Since you're usually the fountain of knowledge, allow me to return the favor...

(from the encyclopedia of Daytime Television) said:
Clue Club

August 14, 1976- January 21 1979

The Clue Club consisted of a quartet of adolescent criminal investigators joined by their Mascot bloodhounds Woofer and Wimper. Dotty was 13 year old genius of the group, who in classic 1970's style, kept in contact via CB radio. However, most of the humor came from the dogs, who found themselves occaisionally scared of the weird villains they met. Any resembalnce to Scooby Doo (and there were many) was purely intentional, since this too was a Hannah-Barbera Production.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Yes! Hosted by the loveable Gene and his dog, Liza (both were animated, too). But I recall it airing later in the day, around 6:30 or 7 PM EST. First it was Masters of the Universe, then Cartoon Express. My homework was usually done by the time He-Man came on! And if it wasn't...it would have to wait until Cartoon Express was over.
I think they ran it in the morning and then again in the evening, but I could be remembering wrong

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I think they ran it in the morning and then again in the evening, but I could be remembering wrong
Probably. Not that you're wrong, that C.E. aired in the morning and the evening!:smile: I remember the evening edition, because it came on right after Masters of the Universe, which I watched religiously. Usually while playing with my He-Man action figures and my Castle Greyskull playset!

anytimepally

Reaction score
I always watched Masters of the Universe on one of my local channels at 3:30 in the afternoon.. then went outside a played with the action figures and playsets with my friend Jaret who lived behind me.. I was always jealous, because he had Stratos, and that was only figure I never had

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I always watched Masters of the Universe on one of my local channels at 3:30 in the afternoon.. then went outside a played with the action figures and playsets with my friend Jaret who lived behind me.. I was always jealous, because he had Stratos, and that was only figure I never had
One of the few Masters products I never had was Snake Mountain, which I wanted sooooooooo bad, especially since it had that cool microphone-change-your-voice thingy. But out of all my action figures, I think Orko was my favorite, especially since he came with that spin-around doohickey.