Now it's Billy Mays...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but Michael and Billy really went unexpectedly.
Well on the other hand, we really shouldn't have been surprised about Jackson's death. There was suspicion that he wasn't living in a healthy way with pills and all.

Or have we forgotten that David Carradine passed away at the beginning of the month?
Thanks for pointing that out, Carradine was a big loss to the acting world. It is frankly sickening how celebrities who happen to be big at the moment, or controversial, get more coverage than others. Or for that matter that celebrities get more tears shed for them than "regular people."

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well on the other hand, we really shouldn't have been surprised about Jackson's death. There was suspicion that he wasn't living in a healthy way with pills and all.
I would have to disagree my friend.. The death of Michael Jackson definately sent shockwaves through the entire world - NO ONE was expecting that. Plus, the guy was getting ready to embark on a 50 date tour. If he would have made it through that tour? I doubt it. But he loved performing and pleasing his fans.

And using pills? That's media talk. I very well believe Michael did do drugs, I'm not denying that - but them saying he popped like 40-50 pills everyday? If that was the case, he would have been dead. I really don't believe he did that many drugs as the media says he did.

But going back to your answer, his passing WAS a shock. The whole world stopped; he really did leave an impact on the entire world. There were prisoners even dancing to Thriller!(I kid you not, this is true). Michael Jackson was a global icon. EVERYONE in the WORLD knew who Michael Jackson was; even if they didn't know English, they could sing one of his songs.

Other random rants:

I'm really getting sick of media trying to compare Michael and Elvis. Seriously? They were from two DIFFERENT times! And we all know who wins in this anyway...

It sickens me when people( *cough* *cough* the media *cough*) like to bring up ignorant things even after a person has passed, it's so disrespectful. And all Michael Jackson wanted to do was Heal the World and make it a better place. He was a kid trapped in a man's body.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I would have to disagree my friend.. The death of Michael Jackson definately sent shockwaves through the entire world - NO ONE was expecting that. Plus, the guy was getting ready to embark on a 50 date tour. If he would have made it through that tour? I doubt it. But he loved performing and pleasing his fans.
Oh I'm not saying people weren't shocked, they were. I admit I was. I'm saying in retrospect we really shouldn't have been. Even if the media has been blowing up the story, any use of drugs carries risks. I'm not putting him down specifically, a lot of people have similar problems.

I'm really getting sick of media trying to compare Michael and Elvis. Seriously? They were from two DIFFERENT times! And we all know who wins in this anyway...
Absolutely, the Beatles beat both of them, end of story! :wink: Hehe

It sickens me when people( *cough* *cough* the media *cough*) like to bring up ignorant things even after a person has passed, it's so disrespectful.
Hmm, when I think of this issue I admit I'm often contradictory. Sometimes I think a person's faults should be made known, people shouldn't be sugar coated. But on the other hand, gossip can just get disrespectful and cruel, as you say. I guess as usual it's a question of balance. :smile:

Nice debating points, SSLFan! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Autopsy revealed Billy Mays did cocaine.
I really wanna make a very inappropriate joke about him having to use that to get through some commercial where he screams for 30 seconds about a brownie pan... but that's disrespectful. Funny... but waaaaaaayyyyy too soon.

It sickens me when people( *cough* *cough* the media *cough*) like to bring up ignorant things even after a person has passed, it's so disrespectful. And all Michael Jackson wanted to do was Heal the World and make it a better place. He was a kid trapped in a man's body
I really could go on and on and on about that. Really. The media wants us to think people like Paris Hilton and the late Anna Nichole Smith were wonderfully flawless American royalty, and make beloved hard working stars like Michael Jackson, Michael Richards, etc. etc. horrifying monsters. Sure, Michael had some serious issues, but he never EVER wanted to hurt anybody. He never married an old person to be put into the will so he could make a fortune he didn't earn when someone died (like Ana did).

The only thing I care about is the quack that enabled him chugging down those medications. And Only because I wanna see him punished somehow. Take away his medical license.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The only thing I care about is the quack that enabled him chugging down those medications. And Only because I wanna see him punished somehow. Take away his medical license.
If the doctor acted so recklessly then definitely he should be punished, it's sickening. Still, no one forced Jackson to take the pills. He may have been a hard working artist but a lot of talented people make bad decisions in their lives. Being talented doesn't make you a good person or a smart one. Not picking on Jackson in particular, just saying. Situations like this shouldn't be ignored because young artists today need to hear these stories so they don't make the same mistakes.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, a lot of reason Micheal was taking some things because that were doctor prescribed because he really was in pain. Like back pain. I mean he gets out there on stage and he literally loses ten to 15 pounds a night and he is in pain and he loses sleep and he has to go back out there and do it all over again. Hints prescribed pain killers by his doctor, He has come but and admitted to being becoming addicted to them in the pasts and getting treatment for it. Has he struggled with it over the years, probably.

I know he was a health freak and obsessed to being healthy and cleanliness and I know for a fact he has been that way for many years, and so many people who know him know very well how much of a healthy lifestyle he has lived. He had passed a heath physically examination with flying colors and had a clean bill of health and would not have been able to do the shows he planed to do without doing so. He was the one who choose 50 dates and they were spaced out to give him enough time to rest and completely the.

All I am saying it that everything we have heard in the media about this has all been nothing but speculation. None of us really know just how he was living his life or his lifestyles, so you can not exactly call him out on that. there has been nothing officially said about the cause of his death yet, and nobody involved in the investigation has said or gave any official word to anything yes and they are obsessed with all these people specking on their behalf. It could have been exhaustion from working so hard witch he had been. It could have been anything. We do not know yet is the point I'm trying to make.

I know he would never do anything that would abandon his children and leave them at the mercy of... Whatever