1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Now THESE are some Amazing Parody Posters

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by beaker, Jul 20, 2011.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I seen those, and while I do like them, they tend to use the same movie posters for everything. I've seen like 5 variations on Wall*E on the site alone...

Miss Pigg*E
    Soot*E (some british show, I guess... this IS a British site)
    Ern*E
    and my personal favorite Monty Python's "Stop it this Instant, it's becoming entirely too Sill*E"

There was another I can't remember.

I don't see why illustrated parody posters are out of the question, that would free up a lot of parody potential...

Self promotion, I've been trying HARD to keep up Muppet movie parody type stuff, so:

Prawn Cocktail

I-i-i-Klohoma

Party Monsters

Mr. Cobblepot's Penguins with Muppet Penguins

Weirdo Science

and one of my personal favorites:
    Gonzo Journalism
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

"Groverboard" got a big laugh from me!
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Shouldn't that be "Groverboard"? That movie's one of my personal favorites.
    BTW: Drtooth, Mr. Cobblepot's Penguins... Is that meant to be a double reference, to the movie Mr. Popper's Penguins and the noted semi-retired member of Batman's Rogues Gallery who now owns and runs the Iceberg Lounge? :zany:

Yeah, sometimes I'm too much of a geek fan... Like when Jon Stewart presented Daniel Radcliff with questions from people playing "real quidditch" the other day, I knew what that guy asking about the mirror shard was talking about. :concern:
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Definitely. And The Batman style... only because I drew him classic/Filmation style a piece or so earlier, and I didn't think the Batman TAS version was a good fit.