Now what's going on with YouTube?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mean this year alone, so many different companies have really been cracking down on videos and their uploaders like mice on cheese, including WGHB, Bagdasarian Productions, NBC, Universal Studios, etc. Heck, I've been watching an episode of Andy Griffith on YT all weekend long, and even today, that's been up for over a couple of years, that's now removed and the user banned by NBC (even though I BELIEVE the show is owned by CBS).

It's almost to the point where there's really nothing to watch on YouTube anymore, because some company or "third-party" is going to mosey in and remove it and ban the users for posting it.
I agree. I haven't watched anything on YT that wasn't a poop or a Sesame Street video in weeks. There's nothing GOOD up there anymore.

I mean, I'll feel for WGBH and the Arthur episodes, ONLY because they don't want someone leaking the season that the entire world got before us (it's a PBS show, after all... cheapness in inherent). But the fan videos SHOULD have stayed up. And really, the law suit happy Chipmunks owners? Was that a surprise?

If someone's going to post a current movie or easily accessible TV show online, yeah... I agree to that. Fan videos and obscure stuff that will NEVER be rereleased on home video or officially posted online... does that hurt anyone? Does burying it in a box, shoving it in the back of a closet, and pretending it never existed do the creators, writers, and actors ANY favors?

Nick22

Reaction score
Youtube confuses me now. It used to be so much easier to use. Like, when looking at my subscriptions. They show the new videos in a different format on the homepage and I rully don't like it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Youtube confuses me now. It used to be so much easier to use. Like, when looking at my subscriptions. They show the new videos in a different format on the homepage and I rully don't like it.
One thing that bothers me is the bugs and glitches in the subscriptions module that makes certain videos you've already watch before keep reappearing in the module at any random time, even weeks after you had watched it.

Nick22

Reaction score
Yes. That happens to me all the time. And it's aggravating.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, YouTube's obviouisly done SOMETHING with our subscriptions for us to have this uber-annoying glitch where almost on a daily basis, EVERY SINGLE VIDEO that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR SUBSCRIPTIONS has recently uploaded floods your homepage, even if you've already watched them time and time again.

And the thing of it is, closing them doesn't even help, because the next time the page is refreshed, all those vids and subscriptions just show up again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, YouTube's obviouisly done SOMETHING with our subscriptions for us to have this uber-annoying glitch where almost on a daily basis, EVERY SINGLE VIDEO that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR SUBSCRIPTIONS has recently uploaded floods your homepage, even if you've already watched them time and time again.

I haven't had recommendations in weeks. Even then, they were the same 6 videos I didn't want to watch in the first place.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still get recommendations (even though I don't use them), but scarily enough, half the time, the recommendations are "Because you watched" videos that I watched MONTHS ago, and had since then cleared and cleaned out my viewing history.

But aside from that, is anyone else having this strange problem with deviantART: not being able to browse through the site without being pelted with Windows Installer popups for Microsoft Office 2000?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Not youtube, but facebook. They removed the option to hide all posts by a page. Really? REALLY? I dont want to remove spammy things from my homepage one by one. I liked it for a reason, but I dont like spammy messages. Grrrr

Nick22

Reaction score
Facebook literally changes every other day...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I noticed the new subscription format, and it's making it difficult for me to keep up. I'm not sure of what I've actually watched anymore!

All I really seem to watch on Youtube now is animal videos and "Let's Plays" where you basically watch somebody play a video game as they provide commentary.