1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Now what's going on with YouTube?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Apr 2, 2010.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Maybe, because the homepage was changed when I logged on this morning, but now it's back to the way it was, so I don't know.
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

or you are trying to make me crazy.

Well, too bad, because I'm already crazy :p
  3. D'Snowth

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHH!!!

YT keeps throwing Honey Boo Boo videos into my recommended, and I don't even watch that spoiled brat! All I've been watching are Muppets, Classic SST, Hogan's Heroes, and retromercials now how does ANY of that relate to that creepy little thing?!
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Well they just recommended I watch Justin Bieber...I'm guessing that's cause I watch Muppet clips and since Selena Gomez was in the lastest film they feel the need to think I would wanna watch that. :confused: :rolleyes:
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Is just me, or did everything just became bigger in YouTube?
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've been watching some things on YouTube just now, and that time bar thing no longer appears. Maybe it's not a big deal, but it sometimes is nice to look at how longer something is. And sometimes I'll just want to watch a certain part of a video and want to use the time bar to get me there faster without having to watch all the stuff that comes first.

I know you couldn't skip time on videos at sesamestreet.org but at least you could look at how much longer a video is. Here you can't even see that time bar at all, though when you search for/find clips it still lists the running time before clicking.
  7. Sgt Floyd

Seems to be there for me, and it was still there last night about 20 minutes before you posted this.

Why am I the only person who doesn't have these "problems" everyone is talking about?

Did you try clearing your cache?
  8. D'Snowth

Probably because you're using Chrome, which is another one of Google's entities... I mean, I'm almost certain sometimes Google intentionally creates problems with their sites when viewed in IE or Firefox just to get people to switch to Chrome.

Like today for instance, I'm having loading problems now: I'll click on a video to watch, and get nothing but a blank white screen, and refreshing doesn't even help. I also keep getting locked out of my account because they keep trying to force me to make my account public.
  9. Sgt Floyd

:/

I find that hard to believe. if anything, the loading problem is a flash problem, something I could never get working in IE
  10. Sgt Floyd

Oh dear god...youtube looks just awful...

O_O
  11. D'Snowth

Hmm, I see no difference...

I'm having to use Firefox until Microsoft fixes the security hack with IE, but I haven't cleared out that cache, so out of curiosity, I looked on IE, and again, I still see no difference. :confused:
  12. Sgt Floyd

13. D'Snowth

That looks similar to what I was complaining about a few pages ago before they changed it back... only this actually looks like an improvement compared to what I had seen.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I found out why. You'll always get something idiotic in your recommended folder because either you've watched a video that starts with an advertisement (I guess in your case, anything Henson posts), or you have a video ad banner on your YT homepage, and while it doesn't get included in your history, it somehow counts as a video you watched. I've experienced that. I've never watched "Google Chrome [what'shername]calls home" intentionally.

That, or someone puts something questionable in the video tags.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Is that what it is? Because I just got 5 Honey Boo Boo videos in my recommended as well. :rolleyes:
  16. Drtooth

Thankfully I don't, but I got a bunch of crappy videos I'd never watched if you paid me because of those stupid ads. There's a way you can tell...

sometimes under the recommended video, you have a blurb underneath that says "because you watched..." I have so many that say "because you watched Google Chrome: Dear Sophie" when that was an advertisement I refuse to watch anyway.
  17. Pinkflower7783

I'll have to check because between Honey Boo Boo and Twilight I'm about ready to scream. ><
  18. D'Snowth

I actually haven't gotten "Because you watched..." in a looooong time, but like Pinky, I'd be very much curious to find out WHY I'm being bombard with Honey Poo Poo because of what I watched... though I'd doubt it'd be because of ads or commercials: I always close that humongously huge eyesore of an ad on the homepage every morning, and if I see a video is about to start with a commercial, then I'll skip it altogether and move on.
  19. Drtooth

Doesn't matter. Happened to me on occasion. Apparently I watched a movie that's name was a line of numeric code, and it was a banner ad when I clicked on it to find out what it was. And the comments on the page were all "How did this get into my recommended?"
  20. Pinkflower7783

And now because Ive watched Sesame Street they apparently decided I might like to watch Barney as well. :p