Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Evolution on the internet has to be like the worst form of evolution ever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... it's like it goes from human back to fish looking thing crawling back to the sea. It's Devolution if anything.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
YouTube actually took down the YouTube friends option! And I had about 200 friends on YouTube! It's just plain confusing.:mad::rolleyes::boo::sleep::grr::stick_out_tongue::frown::grouchy::sigh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube actually took down the YouTube friends option! And I had about 200 friends on YouTube! It's just plain confusing.:mad::rolleyes::boo::sleep::grr::stick_out_tongue::frown::grouchy::sigh:
Yeah, they supposedly now lump "friends" and "subscribers" together, and you're right, it IS confusing... because whenever I log it, and I have to select "Show uploads only" on the homepage, I see the activity of people who I never friended, but are listed as friends now because I subscribed to them.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Yeah, they supposedly now lump "friends" and "subscribers" together, and you're right, it IS confusing... because whenever I log it, and I have to select "Show uploads only" on the homepage, I see the activity of people who I never friended, but are listed as friends now because I subscribed to them.
Yeah. Two Muppets to help describe all this evolution: :sleep::boo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What I want to know is why everybody else on YouTube has gotten a free pass except me.

By that, I mean how come everybody else still gets to uploaded videos longer than 15 minutes but I don't? Why was the 15-minute limit re-instated for me and not everyone else?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I belive you have to enter your cell phone number somewhere to "verify" your account before you can...athough I did that and I still get alerts to verify it so I dunno :/

Also if I uploaded something more than 10 minutes it would probably take hours :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I belive you have to enter your cell phone number somewhere to "verify" your account before you can...athough I did that and I still get alerts to verify it so I dunno :/
I am NOT giving Google MY cell phone number... the last thing I intend to do is hand over any of my personal information to Cyber-Hitler.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with cell phone numbers. I guess it has something to do with view count; I can do it on my accounts.

And, who really cares about YouTube friends? People just send 'em willy-nilly and I basically ignore all of them now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And, who really cares about YouTube friends? People just send 'em willy-nilly and I basically ignore all of them now.
A good number of my "friends" were, but a lot of them aren't, you included. Of course, I subscribe to you and Snowth anyway.... so that wasn't an issue. There were friends that had some pretty wacky tastes that are similar to mine outside of the Muppets, I had to subscribe to them too to get their favorites and likes. That wasn't a huge deal. It's just the new channel designs is clunky, and I get news of those who lose their accounts through those pages of friends (whom I had to subscribe to).