Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So now YouTube does this thing where it will automatically clean out deleted videos from your favorites and other playlists, and that in and of itself is a double-edged sword: on the one hand, it certainly saves us the trouble of having to go through and do it ourselves (which is sometime I did on occasion with my favorites), but on the other hand, with it automatically removing deleted videos from these playlists, you can't tell which videos were deleted unless you somehow manage to memorize the exact order your favorites and others are in.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I noticed that several days ago on my playlist for Sesame Street season 30. I can understand how it's beneficial, since it doesn't clutter up your playlists with unnecessary videos.

But with Favorites? Nuh-uh. I want to keep those deleted videos there...I want to be able to see when I favorited now-defunct videos.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But with Favorites? Nuh-uh. I want to keep those deleted videos there...I want to be able to see when I favorited now-defunct videos.
Exactly. I mean, even though the video doesn't exist anymore, I could still do a Google search of the URL, and nine out of ten times I would get results where it had been shared elsewhere and then I knew what video it was (often times, it would be something Sesame/Muppet/Henson-related and the Google results would turn up when somebody shared it on MC).

Even though at the moment I unsure of what video(s) was/were deleted from my favorites, I somehow want to guess it may have been a commercial or something, because I notice the official YouTube channels for many companies will delete their own commercials after a short amount of time, which makes it pointless to post them on YouTube to begin with.

But at the moment, I see I'm presently five videos away from reaching my limit again (boy, that was fast), so I'm either going to have to be careful about what I favorite next, or I'm going to have to do some pruning again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube froze Watch History and Subscriptions again. Why do they keep doing this?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I wish YouTube would make a filter for comments which contain gibberish/random characters and always hold them for review. Seeing all these types of comments on Sesame Street videos is absolutely cringeworthy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, can't comments in general be withheld for approval by the video uploader anyway?

But I agree, I get so annoyed with keyboard smashing comments on videos all the time. Or, those tired old, "first comment!" "Second comment!" "Third comment!"

Onto a different subject, I got some advice on what I can do when I get a copyright or third party claim for the wrong thing: I can dispute it selecting the fair use option - even if it isn't covered by fair use - and type up additional information regarding the false/mistaken claim, and ask that it be removed. I'm going to look into this, because I still have third party claims for the wrong thing. Apparently, the whole third party claim system is all computerized anyway, so it may claim something if it sound similar to something else . . . I guess that's what Marvin Gaye's estate used when they decided Robin Thicke ripped him off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else getting random live streams that have nothing to do with anything they watch in their recommendeds?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yup. Have been for a while. Burning Man? Emmy Awards? Satellite imagery from space? I think it's a relatively new feature on YouTube.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Anyone else getting random live streams that have nothing to do with anything they watch in their recommendeds?
UGH, yes! I wad just thinking how annoying it was last night. The bad part is though, for all those billions of live streams I don't wanna watch, their's occasionally a few that actually catch my eye. For instance, has anyone else been getting that "Cat academy" stream in your recommended? It's got a bunch of kittens in it, how am I supposed to resist that! But i'm afraid that if I click on any of the streams, than Youtube might recommend even more streams that I don't want to see.