Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Schfifty has mentioned in the past about comments disappearing, and now I'm actually starting to notice that too - particularly when there's videos that say they have 100+ comments on them, but there's only like five. I'm wondering if YouTube has been removing comments from channels that aren't linked to Google+ accounts, because I've noticed pretty much every comment I've ever made on a video on my old goof-off channel (even on my own uploads) are now completely gone, and I never linked a Google+ account to that channel, because I never wanted or needed one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Evidently, YouTube has recently started scaling and resizing videos when uploaded for bitrate reasons, or whatever, I don't know, all I know is whenever I upload a video that has 1080 pixel ratio, they somehow squeeze in an addition 8 pixels making it 1088, which adds really thin pilarbox bars on the sides of the video when viewed in full HD.

Schfifty

Reaction score
So it looks like YouTube has toyed with the subscribers page and changed it so it now shows only users who have their channel subscriptions public.

You don't know how much this disappoints me. One of my subscribers was at the top of my list for nearly two years, and I was shocked to see they weren't there. I mean, why can't those users who don't have public subscriptions be there? What if it's one of your closest friends on the Internet and you don't even know if they've tuned in to your channel? That's ridiculous.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So it looks like YouTube has toyed with the subscribers page and changed it so it now shows only users who have their channel subscriptions public.
Actually, it's been that way for years. At least since they implemented these "YouTube One" channels.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Oh my gosh, I am growing increasingly, increasingly aggrivated with YouTube at this point! They've finally admitted the reason why they've frozen Watch History all these weeks is because it's yet another one of their passive aggressive attempts to get people to switch to Chrome.

If I've never made it clear that Google is the Hitler of the internet before, it should be crystal clear now. To actually intentionally glitch their products in other browsers just to get people to switch to Chrome is beyond dictatorial and fascist, it's a blatant disregard for people's right to use what they want to use. I finally had to ditch IE back in the summer because they intentionally screwed up the video player in that browser (they even said so) making YouTube videos almost completely unwatchable one way or another, but I shouldn't have to switch my browser again because they want all people of the world to use Chrome. This should be considered cyber bullying, shouldn't it? Stooping to passive aggressive measures to try to force people to switch to their own browser? That should be considered a form of cyber bullying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, even though my channel's been verified for a while now, I still never got that checkmark next to my name, but I now found out why: apparently there's different "levels" of verification, and the verification checkmark (or "badge," as they call it) is only available if your channel has at least 100,000 subscribers . . . so, talk about a buzzkill, I'll never reach that many - took me five years just to reach 100 (and yet, my older goof-off channel has up to 6,000, but they're mostly people who keep bugging me to upload more SST episodes).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Victory is mine in the final hour! I disputed a couple of incorrect thiry party copyright claims on a couple of my videos on YouTube - both disputes are resolved, and both claims have been removed!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So now YouTube is doing this thing where whenever you click on a video, for whatever reason, the video starts several seconds in, rather than at the beginning.

I suppose this is yet another one of their, "it's because you need to switch to Chrome" boo-boos again?

Schfifty

Reaction score
So now YouTube is doing this thing where whenever you click on a video, for whatever reason, the video starts several seconds in, rather than at the beginning.

I suppose this is yet another one of their, "it's because you need to switch to Chrome" boo-boos again?
I'm pretty sure that's been around for a while. Usually if you watch a video then go to another page, then come back to the video, the time mark will try to stay where you left off. Unless you're talking about clicking on a video that's not in your browser's history...

Actually, it's been that way for years. At least since they implemented these "YouTube One" channels.
Weird. If it's been that way for years, how come it didn't happen to me until just this fall?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I gotta say, I do like how YouTube has updated their search results to include larger thumbnails, so we can actually see them better (like when MC's new radio widget on the forum index had larger versions of Jamie's album art).