Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently Google Maps only works properly in Chrome as well too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would appear that YouTube is going through another one of those phases where it doesn't seem to want to load/buffer videos in 1080p.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would appear that YouTube is going through another one of those phases where it doesn't seem to want to load/buffer videos in 1080p.
And this is still consistently a problem right now apparently. Especially if the 1080p videos are longer than a couple of minutes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I don't get what's going on: the video player has been shrunken for whatever reason, but everyone else is complaining about the player now being too big. How can it be too big when it's been shrunken? And it seems to only get smaller the wider the video is - like if a video is in 21:9, the player's roughly the size of the Facebook widget just below this thread.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I noticed the big screen myself. I don't recall the video size ever being shrunken in the past.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm tellin' ya, it's shrunken. Not only that, but it's also actually cropping the video a little too around the edges, much like how really old CRT TV monitors would do.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so here's apparently what's going on: YouTube has introduced an all-new video player that conforms to the video itself, so that way you can watch a 4:3 video without pillarboxing, or 16:9 videos without letterboxing, or cellphone videos without blackspace.

If only they could have figured out a way to achieve this without shrinking the video on the page, or cropping the edges of it.