Now what's going on with YouTube?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So apparently YouTube is launching this new thing called YouTube Music.

Why? I mean, there are so many other music streaming platforms (Spotify, Deezer, Pandora, Amazon Music) that at this point it seems redundant to make another one!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, a lot of today's biggest musical artists launched their careers on YouTube: Justin Bieber, Christina Grimmie, Lindsey Stirling, Pentatonix, so maybe they see it as an outlet they can further profit from, I don't know.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
it's gotta be better than the craptacular amazon music at least *shot*

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
What's wrong with Amazon Music? Google Play Music is what's craptacular IMO.
unless im just an idiot and cant navigate it, the music selection sucks. the ONE TIME i used it because i had it for a free trial, it played the same 6 bands in the same order on loop, different songs though. That's not variety

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, this is really becoming a problem with a lot of musical outlets anymore, which is something @fuzzygobo has brought up in another thread. Broadcast radio, for example, is becoming increasingly notorious for playing the exact same songs every single day (and some occasions, multiple times a day); likewise, I used to really like Comcast's Music Choice channels, but honestly, they've really limited their playlists in recent years, they're extremely repetitive: especially their holiday selections like Halloween and Christmas - both of which I loved, but they'll repeat the exact same loop of Halloween songs three times in a 24-hour period, and they've narrowed down their Christmas selection to more contemporary numbers from the likes of Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Bubbly Mikey Pizza Crust, and others.