1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Now you see it...soon you Don't!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by ResidentLilly, Jul 18, 2002.

1. grail

grail New Member

heh...as previously stated, two of my main influences in life were Monty Python and Douglas Adams...I don't think the term "g rated" has ever been used to describe the words that come out of my mouth...except maybe in an..."advisory" manner...
  2. grail

grail New Member

and on THAT note...I've now officially hit the magic 30...

man I dig this place...
  3. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Ken,
    that's really awesome, is the duck going to be hard, or can you squeeze it?

I think it is really important to squeeze the duckie...
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>I think it is really important to squeeze the duckie...<<

man, i could just imagine what this thread would sound like if fozzie came with a squeezable monkey or chicken!
    oh wait, fozzie will be coming with a rubber chicken!
  5. grail

grail New Member

yeah, this thread really took a turn for the worse...and i think it's mostly my fault. i can't decide wether i'm ashamed or proud...

it's not ALL my fault, though...the guy that fed that last straight line is admittedly not wearing any pants...that just makes it worse...

heh
  6. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

7. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

me want fozzie

he looks great!! can't wait to get him in my greasy hands. wait,thats for another thread.
  8. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Ken-

What happened with the magnet? Is it a go or does Fozzie have a glued on hat?
  9. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Reportedly the magnet works great and will be used on all Muppets with removable hats from here on out.
  10. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Sorry.. I should have said... What about the magnet on IS Fozzie. Ken mentioned that Is Fozzie may have a glued on hat due to visibility issues. I was wondering if Ken had found a way to overcome that issue or if Henson decided yet.
  11. ResidentLilly

Dunno yet. Haven't seen a factory sample yet. What you have seen a photo of is a painted clear resin prototype. Gonna try to paint the magnet white. If that sucks, then no magnet and hat glued on.
  12. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Thanks for the "heads up" Ken!:)
  13. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

Wow, that Fozzie looks very cool. Kudos to you guys at Palisades for being able to make this a reality considering the timetable the factory left you with after "forgetting" to retool the Animal in time to make him an exclusive.

Just remember: "You gotta put down the duckie if you wanna play the saxaphone". ;)
  14. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

yeah i cant wait for the electric mayhem playset and the muppet series two action figures
  15. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

great job Ken! i took a full week break from the net so i'm a little late. i feel he's even better then the beaker one! maybe it's just cause i like fozzie more. the duck is perfect! if there is a chance that the duck can't come with him for the fair could the CC wait a little long for one to be made with him?

Zack)Rowlf the, can Bunsen hold the duck too?;-)Dog.
  16. ResidentLilly

The duck is a go...so I am not worried (crosses fingers nervously...). Got a photo of the factory prototype this weekend...looks even better than the resin piece in the photo.

Also saw an actual sample of the EM Playset playset on Friday. Very cool. A full two inches taller than the Labs, and about an inch wider and deeper. And VERY colorful, much more so than the dinginess of the Labs.

So far Series 2 has gone quite well as far as stuff turning out like I hoped. Some issues with the "Wild Hair" Harry and whether or not I can get approval on it, but I dig it big time and hope we do. The only bummer so far is having to take the real strings out of the guitar for Floyd...just too much of a risk of the strings breaking, so we gotta mold them. But hey, at least the magnets work and the cannon fires, so it ain't all bad...

Tomorrow on the Daily Bit we are gonna show the Vacation Fozzie...be sure to check it out. (Yeah I know...shameless plug)
  17. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

Sounds cool, can't wait to see it.
  18. ukgonzo

ukgonzo New Member

Vacation Fozzie sounds great!
    When can we expect series 2 to hit the stores?
  19. ResidentLilly

4th quarter, starting in October.
  20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

With the recent changes, series two is slated to debut on store shelves in October. Check out our Palisades update page for more info.