Oak tree never grows

Ziffel

Reaction score
Don't take it personally, jeffkjoe. He's been rude before here. I'd bring that post to a monitor's attention though, because that is uncalled for and against the rules here.
And I must add that I have seen a lot of posts from you, jeff, on classic Sesame Street. And you are clearly a very intelligent and insightful person.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Hey, thanks Ziffel....If there's anything I hate more, is open hostility against someone, especially one who's trying to help another.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Sorry

Sorry Jeff, actually my calling you a dummy was in retaliation for your thinking that I was dumb enough to think the tree was real. I'm aware that the tree is a fake.

I understand that 'toons and puppets don't age (unless you count the characters in the strip "Gasoline Alley") but since the human characters on SS age and the street itself has gone through a variety of changes over the years. I just thought it would make sense if the tree were to grow too.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Sesame Street has characters who grow, age, and die normally (not just when the plot requires it, unlike The Simpsons). By the same token, the actual tree on that set may be a plastic fake; yet characters almost always treat it as the real thing. Snuffy's climb was the one exception, as far as I know...but otherwise, replacing the original oak with a larger, older-looking fake wouldn't kill the set designers. (And no, this does not mean I expect the whole street set to look dilapidated or un-modern; please don't get the wrong idea! :concern: )