Official Sweetums Thread

Jackie

Reaction score
I love how Sweetums so innocently kills the bug and makes the price on the car lower so Mad Man Mooney owes the gang a nickel! LOL!!!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I loved his first appearance (when he wasn't so nice) in "The Frog Prince". His voice was actually a lot lower in this one (he was voiced by Carl Banas, not Richard Hunt). He sang a really cool song about how he was going to pretty much make Kermit and Robin into sour mash, but the frogs outwit and outjump him. At the end he becomes a nice guy!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Is the Frog Prince available? I found Hey Cinderella! on VHS, but have never seen the Frog Prince anywhere. It's not something I've attempted to do any deep research to find.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I was so thrilled that Sweetums appeared all week when the Muppets were on Family Feud last year. He talked quite a bit, and it was the Sweetums we all knew and loved. This character is definitely back in action!

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
I think Sweetums is the best monster on the muppet show. I also agree with you Darth. He was excellent. I sent an email to Palisades toys today and the guy would like to see Sweetums made

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
for anyone who when to MuppetFest they got to meet Sweetums!!! I wish i could have went to MuppetFest!!!

Sweetums is great, i wish he got a bigger role in TGMC, and i wish he was in TMTM AND A Muppet Family Christmas as well.

MFC is desribed by many if not all muppet fan's as one of the best muppety things( when it's not eddited, but even to many it still is!) it would have been nice thought to see sweetums chop down a christmas tree and he's covered in snow, how about slipping on the icey patch or wearing a santa hat?!?!;-) Him and Robin could have also sang a nice christmas song together as well!!!

Zack)Rowlf the, thought the song might have been cut from the video and DVD release anyways!!;-)Dog.

I also think he would have fit in nicey as the ghost of christmas present in MCC (with his new voice)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Sweetums is one of my faves - in ALL his incarnations (Banas/Hunt/Henson). My MuppetFest Sweetums picture is prominently displayed with my Muppet Show action figures (which i have bookended with the DVD's and with my autographs hanging over them - a great little display area in my living room). I am grinning like a kid on Christmas morning in that photo!

My fave Sweetums moment is when he sang "We Got Each Other" with Robin on the Muppet Show, not only is it a great song and wonderful Jerry/Richard performance, but it was the first time the two were paired together since both characters made their debut in Frog Prince - and even though that was REALLY the only time since FP that they were featured together (unless you count Sinbad the Surfer where it's more incidental), the image was such a powerful one that it's became a favorite of Muppet illustrators and merchandisers.

My fave Muppet shirt is my Sweetums shirt that has "Tall dark and handsome" on the back and Sweetums on the front. Not only is it mone of my fave characters but also i tend to be anti-lookism (and in the gay community it's annoyingly rampant) so i love wearing it as a kind of tongue-in-cheek reflection on it!

grail

Reaction score
i understood all of that but "anti-lookism", which completely confuses me. if you could, i would love a definition because i got nothing...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
There's the best picture of Richard Hunt in the bottom half of Sweetums sitting with his legs crossed in "Jim Henson, THe Works". I laugh every time i see it!
I think that picture may have been in "Of Muppets and Men" as well. And Karen Prell related a funny incident at MuppetFest involving Richard taking a nap while still wearing Sweetums' feet, Dave Goelz and sugar. I laughed out loud at that when I read it in the MuppetFest fanzine.

-Kim

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I think one of the moments with Sweetums that I remember best was in "Treasure Island," when he helps the muppets fight the pirates.

Kermit: Thanks, but aren't you fighting against us?

Sweetums: Are you kidding? I love you guys!