Old Nickelodeon

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm really liking the new Double Dare. It largely sticks true to the format and the design of the '80s original while having its own identity. Liza Koshy is a formidable host with a lot of passion and energy, and has some great chemistry with Marc Summers in his new role as announcer/commentator.

I also like how the iconic One-Ton Human Hamster Wheel replaces the numbered lights with a tube that fills up with slime. Really goes better with the messy theme of DD. That and the Pick-It nose being stuffed with boogers the kids have to pull out.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm really liking the new Double Dare. It largely sticks true to the format and the design of the '80s original while having its own identity. Liza Koshy is a formidable host with a lot of passion and energy, and has some great chemistry with Marc Summers in his new role as announcer/commentator.

I also like how the iconic One-Ton Human Hamster Wheel replaces the numbered lights with a tube that fills up with slime. Really goes better with the messy theme of DD. That and the Pick-It nose being stuffed with boogers the kids have to pull out.
Yeah, I really love Liza Koshy, because no matter what she does she always seems like she's having fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can someone remind me what she's famous for again? I've never figured that out. She always seemed like one of those YouTubers who are famous for kinda no reason . . . like Casey Neistat.

But anyway, you know I find interesting? Nick was more willing to break away from the standard 13-episode season contracts that most cable networks did with their shows. HEY ARNOLD!, CATDOG, and THE WILD THORNBERRIES, among others, usually had about 20 episodes a season. I can't think of too many 90s or 2000s Cartoon Network shows that did that (save for perhaps Dexter basically cramming three seasons into one for its second season). Likewise with Disney Channel as well - though, I think RECESS's episode count fluxuated season by season.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Can someone remind me what she's famous for again? I've never figured that out. She always seemed like one of those YouTubers who are famous for kinda no reason . . . like Casey Neistat.

But anyway, you know I find interesting? Nick was more willing to break away from the standard 13-episode season contracts that most cable networks did with their shows. HEY ARNOLD!, CATDOG, and THE WILD THORNBERRIES, among others, usually had about 20 episodes a season. I can't think of too many 90s or 2000s Cartoon Network shows that did that (save for perhaps Dexter basically cramming three seasons into one for its second season). Likewise with Disney Channel as well - though, I think RECESS's episode count fluxuated season by season.
Yeah, I think the Nicktoons had no specific episode limit, but I think the live action shows might've had one. Something like 50 episodes, I think?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I like shows with 13 episodes per season cause it feels more refreshing. There are shows (often being anime) where they have 40 to even 80 episodes in one season.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Most from what I've seen were shonen jump animes (Pokemon being an exception) with some filler added in, where the stories tend to be kind of long and stretched.

Naruto, One Piece, etc...