1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by FuzzyBlue71, May 11, 2006.

?

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2006.
  1. Complete, uncut episodes

59 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Compilations of the best skits

28 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

41 vote(s)
    32.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

On Youtube

Fozzie,last time I checked both of those clips were on youtube.com.At least the Casey McPhee one is,recently I haven't noticed that Guy Smiley sketch being on there.But who knows it might be.
  2. MIKEB97

MIKEB97 New Member

Hey guys,

I e-mailed Sesame Workshop to inquire about releasing vintage episodes on DVD and I got a response from someone named Kelly Serrian.

Here's what she wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry. As a matter of fact, yes, we are releasing
    "classic" episodes, although this is something that will not happen
    until
    October '06.

In the meantime, we have a boxed set of The Electric Company in
    February
    '06, which you can order through Amazon.com, and there are plans for a
    vol.
    2 of The Electric Company.

Also, Sony Wonder is our domestic licensee for audio and home video
    products. I would encourage you to visit their website
    (http://www.sonywonder.com) where you can peruse titles and purchase
    products. There are various (25th, 30th, and 35th) anniversary
    editions
    available, which feature classic clips, as well as some "best of"
    titles,
    which feature specific characters.

I hope that this has been helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact
    us
    with any further questions, comments, or concerns.
  3. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Well then it looks pretty encouraging for classic SS to finally hit dvd. It'll really be exciting once we see an official news release, such as on tvshowsondvd.com. Hopefully the dvds will include a lot of things not shown on Noggin's Unpaved episodes, so as to really give us a treat to look forward to.
    And what's good is that I'm sure vintage SS on dvd will sell a ton of copies, thereby making it very likely for them to release further sets.
  4. Grover

Grover New Member

I'd like to see more episodes from the first season,second season, and third season episodes in this selection.Maybe a couple of episodes from seasons 4-8. I heard on a diffrent thread right hear that Kermit once was in a storyline hopefully we'll see that. I would like to see : The Baker Films 1-10, Kermit's Lectures,Ernie and Bert, Guy Smiley (Known as Sonny friendly),Up and Down, Subway, Scary monsters, and Proffesor Hastings.

DISC -1:
    Bonus Feature:
    Sesame Street Pitch Pilot
    SS Test Pilot.

DISC- 2:
    Sesame Street : 20 and Still Counting

DISC-3:
    Out to Lunch

DISC-4:
    Julie on Sesame Street.
  5. Fuzzy and Blue

Fuzzy and Blue New Member

this is great news! i'd love to have some classic footage on DVD :)

~Dana~
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

If the set includes complete episodes, then it would be good to see some episodes not shown on Noggin or at The Museum of Television and Radio (are there any '70s episodes there that were never shown on Noggin?). I never had Noggin, so even if all of the classics included were on Noggin I'd be seeing a lot of things that I haven't seen, but I also want this set to be great for those of you that have every episode shown on Noggin.

Maybe each disc could represent a season and have three episodes from that particular season, concentrating on the first four seasons, with the season premiers being the only episodes shown on Noggin. Or maybe the street scenes can be shown wihtout segments and more street stories would be available to us. Or maybe it will just have segments as part of the main program.

I wonder if this set will include anything from after 1979. I don't know what years Sesame Workshop is considering "nostalgic years".
  7. FuzzyBlue71

FuzzyBlue71 New Member

I just got a chance to log on and see if anyone else responded... I'm so glad to see there are others that are so excited!! I only hope their idea of nostalgia arent the old skits they already run on Sesame Street and Play With Me Sesame. I'd like to be surprised with some wonderful memories.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. Bring on skits that haven't been shown on Noggin, that haven't ever been available on any home video format, and haven't been shown on Sesame Street in the last ten years (or more). Bring on Roosevelt Franklin, Guy Smiley, Biff, Sully, and Proffessor Hastings.
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

10. BillKal

BillKal New Member

They even give mention to a "Classic SS Box set" on the tvshowsondvd website.
  11. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I do hope this actually comes through. I would be the happiest Streeter in the world!
  12. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Meeee too! :zany:
  13. chpoof

chpoof New Member

I have my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed (maybe even a couple other body parts!) that the complete, unedited first episode from 1969 is on there. Everything else would just be icing on the cake for me. :)
  14. Grover

Grover New Member

I would like to see the seasons seperated into different volumes . This would be an effective way instead of squeezing most of 1969-1990. They could also repeat the DVD set with different episodes not seen in the previous set. I purchased "Top Cat The Complete Series" what they did is they put extra episodes on the other side of the disc.Maybe SS Workshop could do that. Does anybody know Sesame Workshop's correct email adress ?

VOLUME #1: Seasons # 1 - #10 (1969-1979)
    VOLUME #2: Seasons # 11- #15 (1979-1984)
    VOLUME #3: Seasons # 16-#18 (1984-1987)
    VOLUME #4: Seasons #19 -#22 (1987-1991)
  15. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I really don't think they can do full seasons. Because, you have to remember, there used to be 130 episodes per season, except for Season 2, which has 145 for some unknown reason. I mean, if they were to put 130 episodes in one set, it would probably take up like 65 DVDs. But, yes, maybe they would just put on like some of the classic episodes from each season, similar to what Noggin did with the "Sesame Street Unpaved" series.
  16. Grover

Grover New Member

Maybe I didn't explain my message clearly enough. We could have 10 episodes from Season 1 5 Episodes on 1 side of the disc rest on the other side.
  17. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

You also have to realize the disc space, I am thinking this will be a skit dvd but hopefully some good gems and maybe have a character per disc ala "The Looney Tunes Gold Collection."

So let's say....

Disc 1: Bert & Ernie
    Disc 2: Cookie Monster & Grover
    Disc 3: The Cartoons and Live Action Shorts
    Disc 4: The Gang

That might be a good line up, a little bit of everything.
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

What I think Grover is trying to say is. Why not volume sets. Other then having season sets. Volume sets. So for the first volume set.

Vol. 1 Episodes 1-10 (with Extras)
    Vol. 2 Episodes 11 - 15 (with Extras)
    Vol. 3 Episodes 16 - 18 (with Extras)
    Vol. 4 Episodes 19 - 22 (with Extras)

Get it now! Other then trying to do the whole season set why not volume sets. That would work. Now to see if there this best of Sesame Street DVD will do good and maybe we might get a vol. set. We're all dreaming and if we keep this up maybe it might come true.
  19. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Well that will be a hassle with the celebrities and trying to get the rights of some of the celeb characters used as well as how much dvd's will be their. I mean a whole 37 seasons on dvd? That will take years to restore and remaster.
  20. superboober

superboober Member

If the celebrities in question are already dead, it shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.