Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
BEAR said:
This is so beautiful!! I have been waiting so long for this you have no idea!!! I've never gotten to see the complete pilot episode. I wonder what the other 4 episodes are. I wish there was more, but I still can't complain. This is amazing!!! Love the cover too! I'm gonna have to force myself not to buy it so that I can have it to put on my Christmas/birthday list. It'll be hard but I'll do my best.
Well, there will be 6 shows on the set counting that pilot.

Greg

LadyVader

Reaction score
I would not wait if i was you. It took a long time to get them to put this out, and i'll bet if you get a vol. 2 will depend on how well this sells. and i bet the first ones out could be very hard to find.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I suppose no one knows when it comes out down under? It would sure make a great Christmas or birthday present for me.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
And this is why I pre-ordered it the second Muppet Central put up the link. In hopes it was something this great. :big_grin: It looks like everyone got what they wanted. Those that wanted episodes got that, and those that wanted clips got that.

I'm glad the cover art is pretty much the same as the one Fozzie Bear posted. (Though I wish the grownups had been included.) I really wish they'd tell us which five episodes are included. We've known there are five episodes on it for awhile now.

I'm very excited to see the original pilot. :excited: That should be interesting. I was hoping for commentary/interviews from the cast/crew, but I guess we wont be getting that. :frown: Maybe that stuff will be in the liner notes booklet.

BEAR

Reaction score
Maybe we can get commentary/interviews from the cast on future DVD sets. I would especially love to hear from Joan Ganz Cooney, Bob McGrath, Loretta Long, Sonia Manzano, Caroll Spinney, Fran Brill, Jerry Nelson, and (if we're lucky) Frank Oz.

chpoof

Reaction score
This is excellent news indeed. It appears whoever compiled this set is considering those of us who prefer full-length episodes and those who prefer skit compilations. This should make pretty much everybody happy. :smile:

I wonder, though, which five full-length episodes will be included on the set? I'm really crossing my fingers for the very first episode. Surely that one will be on there (I hope!). :concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw that the article mentioned 45 bonus skecthes. At first, I mistakenly thought that it said 45 bonus features.

Lets see. We know that it will have appearances by James Earl Jones (the article pretty much confirmed that the sketch where he counted to 10 will be included), Johnny Cash (the article pretty much says that Nasty Dan will be on there), Jesse Jackson, and Jackie Roberts, and it will have Rubber Duckie, I Love Trash, C is For Cookie, Pinball Number Count (not sure which one, or if its more then one, or if its all of them), the King of 8, The Alligator King, and the Ladybug Picnic. That is 11 sketches (22, if all of the Pinball Number Count skits are going to be included). That leaves 34 more skits to be included outside of the episodes.

I am going to make a list of 34 skits that I hope to see included as bonus skits (and of course I don't know what episodes will be included, so if any of the following skits listed are going to be included, then thats a bonus in itself)
1. The Banana Sketch part 1
2. The Banana Sketch part 2
3. Proud of Me
4. Ernie makes a clay sculpture of Bert
5. Lets Sing a Song of One
6. Lets Sing a Song of Nine
7. Everyone Likes Ice Cream
8. Super Grover: Hair Cut
9. Sesame Street News: The Tortose and The Hare
10. Sesame Street News: Rupunzel
11. The Count counts The Three Little Pigs
12. Sesame Street News: Pinnocchio
13. Harvey Kneeslapper: Do you know where I wanna B?
14. Grover attempts to sell Kermit earmuffs
15. Grover attempts to sell Kermit a nose warmer
16. Kermit demonstrates "next to" with Shala and Fanny
17. Kermit and a boy demonstrate "Exit"
18. Grover talks about the number 2
19. Grover talks about the number 2 part 2
20. Grover talks about the number 2 part 3
21. Roosevelt Franklins Alphabet
22. The Amazing Mumfords disapearing cookie trick
23. Monsterpiece Theater: Upstairs, Downstairs
24. Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur
25. Beat the Time: Grover
26. Beat the Time: The Count
27. The Ballad of Casey McPhee
28. any Buddy and Jim sketch
29. Windy
30. Typewriter Guy: P-Pencil
31. The Nobel Ostrich
32. Kermits Milk Lecture
33. Ernie talks about his day at the zoo
34. Lefty attempts to sell Ernie a letter U

I realize that some of those skits are from later than season 5, but I think the Pinball Number Coutn sketches are from season 8.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I e-mailed Sesame Workshop regarding the original pilot listed as a feature. It sure was hard to find a contact section at the official Sesame Workshop website. I hope that I get a response soon. I asked if the "original pilot" is one of the test pilots or the promotional piece with Rowlf, or something else entirely. I didn't ask any other questions about the set (I.E., I didn't ask what specific episodes would be included, or if there would be any additional features that haven't been announced yet).

In case I don't get a response, I would advise other users to e-mail Sesame Workshop about what the pilot is, exactly. Perhaps we should also e-mail Sony Wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.