1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't know, there's actually a few different "Telephone Rock" videos on YouTube right now, and one of them is on my favorites list, but if it's already available on DVD, then I'll delete it from my list.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Isn't it ironic that news of what exact years will be covered was announced earlier than was announced for the first set, and it will be released slightly later than the first set?
  3. D'Snowth

Um, not really, sometimes certain DVD sets are released only once a year; for a while there, Sony was releasing a season of Rocky and Bullwinkle on DVD once a year until they pulled the plug and left us hangin'.
  4. minor muppetz

I think I worded what I said wrong (I edited some of it to make it more clear). I was commenting that we know that it will cover the 1974-1979 years now, a month or two earlier than we knew last year when it was announced that the first set would cover the 1969-1974 years, and that this set will be released a week or two later than the first sets released. Is that clear now? I wasn't saying that it's weird to be released almost exactly a year later.
  5. D'Snowth

Yes, I see what you mean now, sorry for the mix-up.
  6. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

It would also be nice if Sesame Old School vol. 2 would include the following.

Kermit and Grover The Plummer

Sesame Street News Flash Sketches

Some & None

More Grover The Waiter Sketches

I'm Between by Green Anything Muppet & Two Monsters

Frazzle

The Telephone Rock

Bert & Ernie: The Rhyming Game

Simon Soundman buys a trumpet

Grover tries to sell Kermit ear-muffs

Kermit & Grover: Light & Heavy Lecture

Lefty tries to sell Ernie an invisible ice cream cone
  7. D'Snowth

Oh, I remember that, that was rather creepy.

Now, here's another little something I'm wondering, will the cartoon "Bob" be "hosting" the episodes again this Volume?
  8. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Good question.
  9. D'Snowth

Does anyone else besides me find it awkward that they named this guy Bob, when there's already a Bob on the show?
  10. minor muppetz

Yes.
  11. D'Snowth

Is there any theory behind that?
  12. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I do find it eerie that Episode #666 takes place in the dark and centers on a vampiric character; it's a wonder that churches didn't protest against CTW way back when. (If any of them did, at least it never made national news!)
  13. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

As the song goes, count me in; Sesame Street doesn't normally reuse character names like that, so I wonder whether the guys at Sony Wonder weren't thinking.
  14. D'Snowth

Hey, Churchs aren't THAT huffy about that kind of stuff!
  15. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

yeah.. it's overedited on the Rock & Roll DVD!.. hopefully if it comes out on Old School Vol2, they'll leave it uncut.. I'm still upset about not getting "Mad!" and "Danger" on Volume 1 :grouchy:
  16. D'Snowth

Is "Danger" that stop-motion-like bit where that guy falls down the man hole and ends up in another world where he saves a mouse, a cow, a window, and a house? If so, I didn't realize it was THAT old!
  17. anytimepally

I was talking about the Little Jerry & the Monotones song "Danger," although it's from 1974, so it could have been Season 6 *crosses fingers*
  18. D'Snowth

Hmm... I don't think I ever saw that one before...
  19. anytimepally

it's on youtube.. you should check it out.. if youtube's actually working for you today!
  20. D'Snowth

Lol, yes, I think I'll do that... do you have a link to save me the trouble?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.