1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Old Sesame LP's

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by mikebennidict, Aug 6, 2005.

1. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Rosland Cash.

Anyone know why she was hired to play RF's mother on the Year of Roosevelt Franklin LP instead of Loretta Long?
  3. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

Actaly Rosland Cash is Loretta Long. It is on of those questions like.
    Is Elton John his real name or is it something else??
  4. Rugby

Rugby Member

I remember I had the abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 45.
  5. dawningoftime

dawningoftime New Member

I've got one album...off the top of my head I couldn't tell you what it is, though.
  6. lindamallett

lindamallett New Member

Sesame Street Signs

I have checked with music merchant and the album I am looking for is unavailable. It is from the 1970's, titled, "SIGNS". I am so eager to come across this album for some good memories to share with my children (now grown), and with their children. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Linda
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I might be able to help you. Now just to let you know that this verison I have of Signs! is an updated verison with about three of the songs or stuff that was in the old version but it's still pretty much the older verison just with the TV versions of some of the songs other then the record verison. Hope this helps and just give me an email.

basketpusherkyle@yahoo.com
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Let's Make a Dream.

Wich was off of We All Are Earthlings. Was that the only Joe Raposo sung song that was put on a SS album? I only has the first SS LP and songs like SOMEBODY COME AND PLAY and J JUMP JOYFULL were sung by kids and all the Raposo sung song on MC radio are usually credited to SS.
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Sesame Street 2

The LP cover is quite interesting.

The muppets holding up signs saying the actors who play the SS humans.

Guess any youngster who owned it knew at a young age knew that actors played the SS cast while in my case I didn't know that till I was older.
  10. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

Since my last post on this matter I have been able to get some more SS records and one cassette, they are as follows:
    Bert's Blockbusters
    Letters and Numbers
    The Sesame Street Monsters
    Big Bird Leads The Band
    Sesame Disco (cassette)
    I wish I could get the first two Sesame Street albums. Any format would do. (Except 8 track as I don't have a player)
  11. Larxene

Larxene Member

Okay, here goes.

I've officially started a project to collect the entire Sesame Street discography. No one has these on MP3s, they are forever out of print and someone needs to get the whole set before these wonderful recordings vanish forever! So far, I have on my computer:

Sesame Street - Bert and Ernie's Sing Along (has a skip)
    Sesame Street - Bert's Blockbusters
    Sesame Street - Best of Big Bird
    Sesame Street - Big Bird Sings!
    Sesame Street - Bob Sings!
    Sesame Street - C is for Cookie
    Sesame Street - Dinah! I've Got a Song
    Sesame Street - Ernie's Hits
    Sesame Street - Exercise
    Sesame Street - Grover Sings The Blues
    Sesame Street - Happy Birthday From Sesame Street (CD version)
    Sesame Street - Let a Frown Be Your Umbrella
    Sesame Street - Let Your Feelings Show! (has a skip)
    Sesame Street - Letters and Numbers
    Sesame Street - Monsters!
    Sesame Street - My Name is Roosevelt Franklin
    Sesame Street - Numbers (LP version)
    Sesame Street - Original Cast Album 1
    Sesame Street - Original Cast Album 2
    Sesame Street - Sesame Street Fairytale Album
    Sesame Street - Sesame Street Fever
    Sesame Street - Signs!
    Sesame Street - Sing Along
    Sesame Street - Sing the Alphabet (CD version)
    Sesame Street - Tenth Anniversary Album
    Sesame Street - The Count Counts!
    Sesame Street - The Gang's All Here!
    Sesame Street - Welcome!/Sesame Mucho!
    Sesame Street - What Time Is It On Sesame Street?

I have yet to transfer:

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
    Aren't You Glad You're You?
    Sesame Street Live
    Born to Add
    Love
    The Stars come out on Sesame Street
    Sesame Country (Sealed)

With more on the way. I'm looking for ANY and I mean ANY out of print Sesame Street or Muppets albums I don't have. I believe these recordings should be preserved and freely shared as long as they remain out of print!

Email is larxene@verizon.net if for any reason you need it. Keep the classics alive!
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I just sent you a list of what i wouldn't mind from you. And on its way is a list of what i have. So let me know when you get this and let me know what you want.
  13. Larxene

Larxene Member

Does anyone have a track listing for the Muppet Masquerade box set?
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Just go here. It's a link to Muppet Wiki. It's a place where everyone who wants to can help in desiging a place to find info on anything Muppets/Sesame Street/Fraggle Rock.

But just go to the "Merchandise" and all you look for are Albums next. You'll then go to Sesame Street Albums. And the rest is all just looking for the Muppet Masquerade box set. Hope this helps if not let me know.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
  15. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I have:

"Happy Birthday", 1977.

"Big Bird Sings!", 1974.

"Merry Christmas", 1975.

"Gold!: The Best of Sesame Street", 1977 (two LP's!).

"Songs from Sesame Street: 2", 1972.

"Sesame Street: Original Cast Record", 1974.

"Letters and Numbers", 1974.

"Irwin Sings: Sesame Street Hits", 1980s (*apparently* this is hard to come across. Does anyone have any info on this one? Thanks).

Others:

"The Electric Company", 1974.

"John Denver & The Muppets", 1979.

"the Muppet show (season 1)", 1977.

"The Muppet Movie", 1979.
  16. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Oh, and The Great Muppet Caper soundtrack as well. :3

You are most welcome. =3 It was about 4 or 5 bucks and a record shop which sells it's children's stuff pretty reasonably (the same pace where I got The Electric Company and SSt "birthday" LPs... my friend also scored an early Raffi record, too). This certain record in particular (the Irwin one) was unusual, most notably because of the characters, who were -I assume- parodying SSt characters (for example, one of the characters was in a trash can, there was a frog -who could've been the one in the rubbish- and there was this strange little creatre called The Cookie Gobbler).
  17. Cherokeeflan

Cherokeeflan New Member

Muppet Masquerade Available

RE: Muppet Masquerade

I have a copy of this set in very good shape, complete with all 3 LPs and all 7 masks. If you're interested in purchasing it from me, please write me at velvetgefiltefish@yahoo.com