Old Stick Puppet Gonzo

CrockAlley

Reaction score
I have all of the old stick puppet toys but I lost Gonzo many many years ago. I recently came into a new one due to a very generous friend. Now, it's been a long time since I've seen one of these, but the nose looks kind of funny. It looks like either: 1. the nose is a seperate piece attached in production, or 1. the former owner of this new-found Gonzo broke it off and glued it back on. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out here in identifying any nose-anomolies on Gonzos of their own.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Yes mine also (purchased at Muppetfest) has the glued-on nose look, so they're probably supposed to be like that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I always laugh when i see that picure. It comes from my collection. I just placed them on the scanner with a black paper backing. LOL!

Yes, the nose does have that look. Old technique I guess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Piggy and Rowlf stand Proudly on my shelf.....

Now, If I can find out where the heck ma put the rest of them... I know I have Kermit somewhere.......

beaker

Reaction score
crockalley: Thanks for posting this thread...

It is always so cool to see a thread about the greatest Muppet figure line ever. Props to Ken, but nothing pleases me more in the world of Muppet merch than those 1978 Fisher Price figures. If only that line had continued *sigh*

I wish Fisher Price could ressurect the line(companies have recently relaunched the old sculpts for the Tronand Nightmare Before Xmas figures)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
crockalley: Thanks for posting this thread...

It is always so cool to see a thread about the greatest Muppet figure line ever. Props to Ken, but nothing pleases me more in the world of Muppet merch than those 1978 Fisher Price figures. If only that line had continued *sigh*

I wish Fisher Price could ressurect the line(companies have recently relaunched the old sculpts for the Tronand Nightmare Before Xmas figures)
Cory,

These are definitely cool. I've got them all. They're swell.

But you're nuts.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.

These cracked-out toys from '78 couldn't compete with what's out there today. And shouldn't try. It's a different animal.

And a different Animal.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. They were good for the 70s and I love my set very much, but they are not up to the same quality of today's figures. Why release them again when there are great figures from Palisades? They can't anyway. Not for several years. And with how picky Henson seems to be, I don't think they'd back it. But they did back the Corgi cars. Those likenesses were pretty terrible. I just don't see a market for the FP figures.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Cory,

These are definitely cool. I've got them all. They're swell.

But you're nuts.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.

These cracked-out toys from '78 couldn't compete with what's out there today. And shouldn't try. It's a different animal.

And a different Animal.
Hey, you used that quote a year and a half ago when I made this argument. Anyways, to each their own I guess...but suffice to say if I saw a new series, or rerelease of these I'd prolly wet myself.
I mean the Palisades figures are cool...they reflect the post MCfarlane 6" era. But to me the FP ones will always rule out.
Of course this is going by what's out there. Ya gotta remember logicially Series 3 was *spose* to be out by now.

Series 4 looks great, and series 5 sounds like it is gonna be out of hand. But so far, from whats out there the 78 FP line is my favorite.

Anyways, Im a bit of a paradox: Im an old schooler ons ome things and a new schooler on some other things.

Im more a fan of the Jim Henson Hour than the Muppet Show, yet I like 2d games way better than 3d games...as well I like the older figures way more than the post 1997 Mcfarlane introduction era.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I used to have four of them. My cousin gave them to me. But, that was long before I had any idea what they were worth. Whatever you do, do not put them in the bathtub! (I was trying to recreate the scene from TGMC where Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo fall from the plane) The screw holding Gonzo together rusted, and his leg went down the drain. The rest of him fell apart and... well, I've done some stupid things. Man, I wish I still had them! I've still got Kermit and Fozzie somewhere, but Kermit has all of these scratches on him. (brought him to kindergarten one time, some kid buried him so I had to dig him out with a shovel. Good times! Good times!)