Oops

RedDragon

Reaction score
I got my thumb jammed in a door awhile back. And like an hour later my friend Whitney sprained her ankle. Attack of the killer pop-up trailer!

I once did summersalt down the stairs.
See my grandma used to have this really crapy carpet on her stairs. It had all these large fraid holes in it that had these long tendrils coming off them. So I was going down the stairs one day, without a care in the world. And I get my foot stuck in one of these tendrils. Suddenly I'm head over heels down the stairs(of course this is a bad phrase to use because isn't our head always over our heels anyway). So I fall all the way down the stairs, and you should know my grandma's stairs are not straight All The Way Down. The last 4-5 stairs make a 90 degree turn into the living room. So I fall down the stairs, hit the wall, bounce off, and fall down the rest of the stairs. So I end up in a very confused heap on the living room floor.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Idiotic story about my father.

In Newfoundland where he grew up at 16, the winters are torrential. Snowbanks often exceeded five feet in height. (I'm 5'9''- this could be interesting!) While playing with some friends at 16, somebody came barrelling down the street in a car. My father, like a normal human being, realized he had to get away from the car. My father, however, is not a normal human being. So he dived headfirst into one of the six-foot snowbanks, and hit his head on a large block of ice. The car then rammed into the snowbank, knocking his feet straight up in the air and moving his head about six inches. This was enough of a move (and enough force was exerted by the car) to drive him two feet deep into the snow. Due to the nature of Newfies (I'm an honorary Newfie, as I was born here in Halifax but retain all the characteristics of a Newfie, even the accent), they all ran away laughing. The driver of the car switched to reverse gear and gunned the car down the road. He was in the snowbank for a good fifteen minutes before anyone got him out. Frostbite and a cracked head were the final injuries.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I had just washed my hair, and was trying to comb my hair out of my face with this giant green plastic comb that was lying around in the bathroom.
You were combing the hair on your face? Excuse me, do you come from Sesame Street???

Bea:zany:{Brush your tummy, brush your face, brush...}regard

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
You were combing the hair on your face? Excuse me, do you come from Sesame Street???

Bea:zany:{Brush your tummy, brush your face, brush...}regard
No, I was combing the hair OUT OF my face. As in, it was hanging IN my face, but is attached at the top of my head!
:wink: But of course, you knew that.
And yes, I do come from Sesame street. Actually after today, I'd say I'm from grouchland! See, I walked into a door today.
I was walking throuhg one of those automatic open doors, but I guess it was a push button one. It was open whehn I started walking through it, but then it's side met the side of my head, and shut on me. It ttok me awhile to figure out what had happened, but it had started to shut while I was walking and I slammed right into it. It was really disorienting and game me quite a shock. :embarrassed:

That Announcer

Reaction score
I once sustained an injury to my feet (both of them) from- very literally- performing an accidental feat of gymnastics in the air. How?

Well, I was playing "Tag" with some friends at school. We were playing on a hill that's at about a 45 degree angle. So, I was running down the hill, gathering up speed. Halfway down, when I had got quite fast, somebody tripped me up. I went flying, and went up about five feet in the air. While up there, I did a backflip- no lie! When I hit the ground, I rolled both my ankles and had to go home for the rest of the day. What a bad couple of days that was.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ok, ok, I'll join this club.

In 7th grade, we were in P.E. We were playing Prison. For those of you who don't know how to play, it's very simple. You throw the balls at people, and if you hit them, they're out and go to your half of the court, in "prison." If the "prisoners" teammates throw a ball to them and they catch it, they are out of "prison." So this kid was in "prison" and he had a metal splint on his index finger. So, logically, he shouldn't be playing. But we had a very stupid substitute teacher who let him play. So anyway, he was missing the balls that were being thrown to him, so he was throwing them back(which is against the rules). So I went over there and was gonna tell him to stop, then all of the sudden when I got right in front of him, he threw a ball and the splint flew off his finger and hit my left front tooth, and chipped it in half. So I took the half of my tooth to the sub, and she sent me to the office where they told me to go get a milk; yes a milk; out of the cooler. And then, they put my tooth in it! So I got to go home, miss the big Constitution test, and get a $280 half-a-tooth replacement. That's my story.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Imay as well joine too.

I never really hurt myself unless you cound the time I almost died from a accadatle OD when I was 6. But that's another story.

I got my leg cut on when a glass pop bottle that exploaded when I was 4 and sliced my leg I got 7 stitches, which got infected beceause the Doctor left them in for 2 weeks instead of one. The scar looks like a catterpiller. If you like I can take a pic for you to see. :wink: * Loves showing off her legs. *

Another time I got a small scar on my ankle from a moter bike when I was 4.

I got bit by a Dog in the face when I was 5 causeing a small scar on my eye brow.

When I was 10 I went through a glass table causeing a small scar on my back.

If you think that's interesting you should have heard what happened to my brother on Halloween. lol

Did I meantion my famlie's insane litearly. :crazy:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm so accident-prone it's not even funny. (Actually, my friends think it is!)

Threee stories (There's plenty more, trust me.)
1.) I, rather recently, actually, nearly lost part of my toenail. This past December, I was cleaning out the pantry when a can of syrup fell on my foot whilst I was barefoot. I'm a clutz, so I drop things on my feet all the time & don't come out much the worse for so I just ignored it. Until I looked down & realized I was bleeding. A LOT. And my toenail was...not entirely on. I didn't want to go to the doctor, but my sibs convinced me to go to a local clinic, where the doctor informed that nothing was broken and I thankfully wasn't going to need stitches, BUT I was gonna have to look out for infection, AND I'd have a nasty bruise and a funky-looking toenail for a good long while. It didn't fully heal until MARCH.

2.) I got the nastiness bruise on my leg when I was attacked by a church pew. (I was getting out, and kind of rammed my leg into the missalette-holders.) The worst part was, I was on a week-long trip, and had packed nothin' but shorts, so EVERYONE I met asked me a/b how I managed to hurt myself THAT badly.

3.) I was running late one day so I was going down the stairs pretty fast, when I SLIPPED and fell down the stairs on my rear, in a skirt. I scraped up a good deal of the back of my leg, tore the skirt, AND broke the shoes I was wearing, one of my favorite pairs.

Aside from the those stories, there are numerou other tales of scrapes scratches burns & bruises, & sometimes I find I'm bruised somewhere & I have NO EARTHLY CLUE where it came from. It's a miracle I've made it to twenty.

That Announcer

Reaction score
I'll give you a couple more:

1) I once got a big metal clamp stuck down on my finger, breaking it and forcing me to wear a little mouse-cast for a couple of weeks.

2) I did a dive off a massive platform (about, say 45' in the air) in my local pool. All went well, except one of my feet got caught on the poolside, and it stuck. I swung to the side of the pool and hit my head with considerable force against the tile, rendering me unconscious for a few seconds.

3) My grandmother once got a trunk slammed down directly on top of her head. Don't worry, she turned out fine- but I imagine it hurt like ****!

unclematt

Reaction score
First my injury

When I was a kid Ijumped off the top bunk of the bunk bed (B words) tha I shared with my sister and bit thetip of my tongue off.

Second my cousins injury

My cousin used to work in a fast food restaurant that served fried chicken. One day he was in a hurry and leant in too close to the deep frier and hot oil popped up and hit him in the eye and melted his cntact to his eyeball. :embarrassed: Turns out the contact probably saved his vision but there was no permanent damage.