1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Other puppet shows you watched

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by MrsPepper, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Fraggle Rock
    Sesame Street
    Plaza Sesamo
    Under the Umbrella tree
    Eureka's Castle
    Mr. Rogers
    Lamb Chop's Play Along
    Between the Lions
    The Puzzle Place
    Barney
    Allegra's Window
    Professor Iris
    ah great shows still watch what i can at times
  2. Blink Member

I totally remember this show!

In fact the person who built the puppets for the show is named Noreen Young. You can find out more information about her at her website here. She is also responsible for creating the puppets for the show Under the Umbrella Tree.
  3. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I LOVED Today's Special! Here is a list of the shows I used to watch that involved puppets:

Sesame Street
    Muppet Show
    Fraggle Rock
    Mr. Rogers
    Today's Special
    Pinwheel
    Under the Umbrella Tree
    Captain Kangaroo (reruns in the very early 80's)
    Lamb Chop's Play Along
    Dumbo's Circus and Welcome to Pooh Corner - early shows on the Disney Channel, not actually puppets but people dressed up inside lifesize costumes of the characters
    I used to watch the Puzzle Place when I babysat in the summer and thought it was quite clever, not really sure why they pulled that one off the air. I never got into Barney.
  4. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

they were live people in Winnie the Pooh?
  5. Blink Member

Yep.

Just check out these pictures, in all of their "full body costume" glory.
  6. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember Readalong! There used to be a link for Readalong, but it doesn't work now...(sigh). But here is another link relating to the characters Boot and Pretty. The article was written by Bob Dermer, the same puppeteer who did Sam Crenshaw (the security guard) in Today's Special! (An awesome awesome show, by the way).

http://www.accucow.com/bootupdate.htm

I remember Pinwheel from years ago as well. At one time, Nickelodeon was called "The Pinwheel Network" and Pinwheel ran for 5 hours! No joke!

And of course, there was the Great Space Coaster! I LOVED this show! Here's a link to it:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/9266/

Kevin Clash performed Goriddle Gorilla, in case you didn't know. Goriddle sounded a lot like Hoots the Owl. My personal favorite character was Gary Gnu. He was awesome!

Oh yeah, for you fans of the Star Wars TMS episode, click on the following link, click "Guest Stars" and scroll down to see a screenshot of where Mark Hamill was on the show:

http://www.geocities.com/tgscoaster/pic2/mpic1.htm

Convincing John
  7. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i remeber now i was thinking about a diffrent wtp
  8. McFraggle Active Member

Besides the Henson shows, I watched "Under the Umbrella Tree," the various Disney Channel ones beside "Under..." such as "Dumbo's Flying Circus" and "Pooh...," and of course "Lamp Chop."
  9. That Announcer New Member

(sound of a 13-year-old screaming in agony and then hitting the floor writhing in pain) NOT LAMB CHOP! NOOOOO!

Actually, when I was young I watched that show quite a bit too.
  10. Beulah Witch New Member

Watched LOTS of puppets growing up!

I saw the Muppets mainly when they appeared on The Ed Sullivan show. My other fav shows that featured puppets were:

Kukla, Fran and Ollie (could you tell??)

Shari Lewis

Captain Kangaroo

Mr. Rogers
  11. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Today's special and pinwheel on Nickleodeon
  12. Phantom New Member

Does anyone remember Clyde the Safety Frog?
  13. GaryBaum6566 New Member

Oh my gosh. Clyde Frog. I remember that. His favorite hero was Wonder Wombat, I believe.
  14. Phantom New Member

It's good to know that I actually remember that...and it's not the product of lead-based paint.
  15. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

some of my favorite non-henson puppet shows have been Greg The Bunny, lamb Chops play-Along, Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Eureekas castle and allegras window.
  16. That Announcer New Member

How could I forget Greg the Bunny? When it was on, myself and my father watched every episode of that show. And I just remembered another slightly oddball, presumably Canadian creation: a show called "Pappyland". I think this show had some puppet work, but I'm not positive. I can't remember much about the show, except the main character was an old man that must have been on drugs, he was that excited. MrsPepper or anyone else: do you remember this show?
  17. JaniceFerSure Active Member

puppet shows,from my past....

These are pretty much the majority of 'puppet shows' that I've grown up on(or shows that contain puppetry).As my dad would say 'those talking hands'.

Kukla,Fran & Ollie(I had a Kukla puppet)
    Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
    Captain Kangaroo
    Shari Lewis & Lambchop
    Caboose(Kevin Clash puppeteered a chr. named Bartee)
    The Great Space Coaster
    The Puzzle Place
    Vegetable Soup
    Eureka's Castle
    Between the Lions
    Slim Goodbody
    Fraggle Rock
    Sesame Street
    Plaza Sesamo
    Pee Wee's Playhouse
    The Muppet Show
    Muppet's Tonight
    Bear in the Big Blue House
    MTV-Liquid Television
    HR Puff 'N Stuf
  18. FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

The other puppet shows I watched growing up were:

Weinerville
    Lamb Chops Play-Along
    Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
  19. BEAR Active Member

Do you guys remember Today's Special? I used to watch that show all the time. I loved it! Anyone know anything else about it or what happened to it?
  20. That Announcer New Member

Yes, another lover! If you look earlier in this thread, MrsPepper found a wonderful site with all kinds of info and clips. I so badly want that show on DVD!

Boy, that Sam is always good for a laugh, eh?