Pre-techno Underworld
Pre-weird Blur
Supergrass -- Love their Muppet video for "Pumpin' On Your Stereo"
Peter Murphy
Beatles
Sugarbomb
Freiheit
Valensia

man, I could keep going for hours. I've got gigs and gigs of mp3s and hundreds of CDs. I really likes the music.

Anyone here ever heard of Klaatu? They were a mysterious Canadian band in the mid 70s and on their first album they had a song called "Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III" that sounds exactly like a Muppet song with Rowlf/Dr. Teeth singing lead.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: I'm more about individual songs than groups...

Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Anime: Two-Mixx and the Seatbelts as my favorite anime/j-pop groups.
Emm...how about just keeping Seatbelts in the anime catagory? They are definitely NOT pop. Whether they are popular fan-wise is a different story, but as for their music, they are the jazz that rocks the craddle proper. :big_grin:

-Matt

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Looks like I'm the big indie rock kid around here.

What are you talking about, Gumby? Blur's 13 is beyond description. Oh, well. Your music taste is very nice.

And, Bert: Still Crazy After All These Years is in regular rotation in my cd player right now. It's incredible. And yes, Paul Simon is one of the greatest guitar players I've ever heard. He's talented, creative and makes wonderfully appropriate use of the instrument. Amazing.

Okay, that's all. Hope everyone is well.

-Chris

SammieRose

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
I'm with you, Sammie. Kelly's got a gorgeous voice and genuine class. She just seems to be such a decent person. And I gotta give Justin his props for being so gracious. I think both of them are headed for illustrious careers.
Erin
I agree. Justin had a wonderful voice as well, but he just seemed like a cross between Justin Timberlake and Elton John which, in my mind, didn't seem very original. He seemed to be borrowing various singers little trademarks. I don't know..... he sounded fabulous. When it got down to those two, I'd have hated to be a judge.....

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I would'nt have hated to have been a judge---Justin's hair SUCKED, he's outta there!

LOL!

:big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Re: I'm more about individual songs than groups...

Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
...at least half to 65% of the musical quotiant of my mp3 collection is comprise of songs from either Joseph or Jekyll and Hyde.
I love "Joseph!" :big_grin: It's one of my all-time favorite musicals, right up there with "Mary Poppins" and "The Sound of Music."
Erin

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Re: Amy

Originally posted by Joggy
What Robbie Williams music do you like best? His Sinatra covers (Swing While You're Winning) or his more modern works (Sing While You're Winning)? I prefer the former... that man is such a fine singer!
Hey Joggy,

I really like the Swing While You're Winning Album but I also love his music videos for the songs like Rock DJ. I especially like the Rock DJ clip for obvious reasons :big_grin:

And he is marrying a NZ model!!!! He must have great taste in more then just music :big_grin:

CraigD

Reaction score
It's hard to list all of my favourite bands/singers/performers, so I'll just put it down to a few who I couldn't imagine living without their music:-

Jamiroquai - Easily the funkiest band around. They've released five albums now and each one just keeps getting better. They're freaking brilliant in concert as well. Jay Kay certainly knows how to entertain an audience. I saw them earlier this year when they toured Australia, and I'll be back again in November when they return to Brisbane.

Madonna - Back in the 80's, people called her a trend that wouldn't last. Well she's managed to frequently change her image and breathe new life into her music, and she's still the bomb. Forget all imitators. Madge is the queen of rock!

Moby - My God this man is brilliant. The Play album would definately be a contender for my favourite record of all time, and his music is just so creative. Screw Eminem (who I am sometimes a fan of) for the crap he's given this far more talented guy lately.

U2 - Possibly the greatest band of the last 20 or so years, like Madonna, U2 have shown that they can frequently mix their music up for the times. One of the all time great bands.

Aimee Mann - I knew very little about her until I saw Magnolia and fell in love with the soundtrack. The songs on that record (and her other albums) will blow you away.

There's heaps of other music I'm into, but these five are probably the stand outs for me.

Craig

bluedreamer

Reaction score
question for Amy - are you going to Rumba?? (the concert not the dance!!) Bon Jovi are playing, tix go on sale here this afternoon. I'm going. I went last year and had a blast! Shaggy went off, I'm not really into his music but he is one funny guy!

OK I guess that means I have to list mine....

Screaming Jets (aussie rock/softie metal band)
Bon Jovi (over their new stuff tho)
Madonna (she's just a legend)
Soundtracks (Gone in 60 seconds, Tombraider, LOTR-FOTR, Harry Potter, Matrix, Spiderman)
Fat Boy Slim
Train
Nat Umbruglia
Stone Temple Pilots
Powderfinger
I'm into musicals too.... Cats, The Rocky Horror Show..

We are one diverse bunch of people!