Our Favorite Non-Muppets Music - An Open Discussion

tomahawk

Reaction score
here goes

this is extremly difficult, but here goes
TOOL
ANYTHING BY MIKE PATTON(FAITH NO MORE,MR.BUNGLE,TOMAHAWK,FANTOMAS,LOVAGE)
PRIMUS
TORI AMOS
RADIOHEAD
BILL HICKS
PEARL JAM
RUSH
DEFTONES
R.E.M.
WEEN
FLAMING LIPS
PATSY CLINE
A PERFECT CIRCLE
SOUNDGARDEN

SuprGro78

Reaction score
The WHO!!!

It's good to know I am not the only Who obsessed person on the board. My most favorite album is Tommy. Many of their albums are in constant rotation on my cd player. I saw them in July (with bassist Pino Palladino) and they were amazing. Two hours of perfection. It was so wonderfully loud and the energy was so high. (So were the people behind me, but oh well.) They had a sound recording setup so I can only hope they release the CD or a compilation of the tour on CD.

Also in the rotation on my cd player are:
Beatles
Edwin McCain
Beach Boys
Oasis
Ben Folds/Five
Hair (the musical)
Aida (musical I just saw it on broadway and it was beautful)
U2
Beatles Covers
Jimmy Buffet
Aerosmith
John Lennon
Julian Lennon
Eagles
And tons of complation albums from the 60's-70's-80's

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by SuprGro78
The WHO!!!

It's good to know I am not the only Who obsessed person on the board. My most favorite album is Tommy. Many of their albums are in constant rotation on my cd player. I saw them in July (with bassist Pino Palladino) and they were amazing. Two hours of perfection. It was so wonderfully loud and the energy was so high. (So were the people behind me, but oh well.) They had a sound recording setup so I can only hope they release the CD or a compilation of the tour on CD.
Yeah, that deaf dumb and blind kid really does play a mean pinball :big_grin:. Mine, like I said is Quadrophenia. I just watched the movie for the first time last night, a-freakin'-mazing. I think they are coming around to use down in South Florida, but I'm sure they'll play the same horrible venue everyone plays. Its an ampitheater, and since everyone who doesn't pay by a certain credit card is on the grass, its packed, and you can hardly see the band. I might try to pay with the credit card needed to get the good seats though. I'd hate to miss them live, even without John. :frown:. I seem to be one of the only people I know who liked the WHO as the High Numbers. I thought they were cool Mods, even though they didn't follow the way of life. Anyway, I shall now listen to "WHOs Next?" and be happy. :smile:

-Matt

Natalie

Reaction score
Well, I feel like responding, but I guess I'm like most of the other easily influenced teenagers and am mostly into new stuff. So, here's my long list in no particular order:

Pink
Beethoven
Linkin Park
Blink-182
LeAnn Rimes
J.S. Bach
Mandy Moore
3 Doors Down
Lit
M2M
Weezer
Dido
Alicia Keys
Korn
Barenaked Ladies
Ashanti
No Doubt
Enya
Nelly
Tchaikovsky
Yanni
Eminem
Shakira

Well, that's a pretty big variety I think, no insults please.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ngirl23
Well, that's a pretty big variety I think, no insults please.
and no one will insult you...WILL THEY? (this is open discussion, and everyone gets an opinion...first one that tries to say otherwise answers to me...and i can be a real meanie when i have to...okay, well maybe i can't but still...) honestly, for the most part i'd say you have pretty good taste. i'm a big fan of classical myself, and a lot of the "newer" stuff you have on there is pretty good. i admit being VERY impressed with especially Alicia Keyes, and to a lesser degree Pink. it's not enough to get me to buy the album, but there's definately a lot of talent there. like a lot of people, i too like Barenaked Ladies (the band too!) and i can get into No Doubt on occasion as well. the rest are okay, in my book...just not stuff i rush out to hear. and if you promise not to tell anyone, i'll let you in on a secret...there's a yanni cd floating around my house somewhere. i'm honestly not sure how i got it, but every now and again i'll pop it in.

as far as the discussion on the D, i had a chance to see them in concert, but they were opening for Kid Rock...i hate hate HATE Kid Rock! enough that i didn't go to the concert, even though i really wanted to see the D. i can't wait till they put out another cd...

OH, and if any of you mid-westerners are reading, i just read today that They Might Be Giants are going to be playing in Bloomington, IN (I.U. Campus) soon, i think i may try and go...if anyone's interested, i'll get them details!

tomahawk

Reaction score
I THINK KID ROCKS 15 MINUTES ARE UP. WELL THEY WERE UP ABOUT 20 MINUTES AGO. MAN, THAT GUY.........I CAN'T GO INTO DETAILS..........HE'S JUST HORRIBLE. AND NOW HE'S SELLING BUDWEISER, HIS ALBUM MUST NOT BE DOING WELL.

grail

Reaction score
yeah, i'd say that about sums it up...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
and no one will insult you...WILL THEY? (this is open discussion, and everyone gets an opinion...first one that tries to say otherwise answers to me...and i can be a real meanie when i have to...okay, well maybe i can't but still...) honestly, for the most part i'd say you have pretty good taste. i'm a big fan of classical myself, and a lot of the "newer" stuff you have on there is pretty good. i admit being VERY impressed with especially Alicia Keyes, and to a lesser degree Pink. it's not enough to get me to buy the album, but there's definately a lot of talent there. like a lot of people, i too like Barenaked Ladies (the band too!) and i can get into No Doubt on occasion as well. the rest are okay, in my book...just not stuff i rush out to hear. and if you promise not to tell anyone, i'll let you in on a secret...there's a yanni cd floating around my house somewhere. i'm honestly not sure how i got it, but every now and again i'll pop it in.

as far as the discussion on the D, i had a chance to see them in concert, but they were opening for Kid Rock...i hate hate HATE Kid Rock! enough that i didn't go to the concert, even though i really wanted to see the D. i can't wait till they put out another cd...

OH, and if any of you mid-westerners are reading, i just read today that They Might Be Giants are going to be playing in Bloomington, IN (I.U. Campus) soon, i think i may try and go...if anyone's interested, i'll get them details!
*gets ready to hurl a HUGE insult..notices grail standing like a bouncer looking as mean as possible*

hehe. While I don't like much of the mentioned, I'm not one to insult another over their taste. If everyone insulted everyone when they didn't like something the other listened to then I'd be under fire every day of my life for Keeley Smith and Louie Prima :smile:. As the grail man said-uth, this is an open discussion, no angery gripes aloud.

Yes, Kid Rock. I remember his big fued with ICP back when I was a fan of theirs. I think even they don't care about him anymore, being he's really just an idiot now, as he always has been (people are finally noticing, I guess). Yeah, he'll forever be the Kid Rock, only problem is not many people care anymore. I think I'll remake that song so that is says Cantus Rock, being I think I have a bit more longevity (hehe). :smile:

-Matt

tomahawk

Reaction score
kick him while he's down

we could always turn this into a bash on kid rock thread. that would make me all giddy and warm inside.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Kid rock is a one hit wonder (if that) just like his wife if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

He hee hee.

*turns red and blushes at her own meanness*