1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Overused Songs in Movies or TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr3urious, Jul 15, 2012.

1. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Either that, or the theme song from Chariots of Fire.
  2. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Or the Rocky theme.
  3. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Highway To **** is done a lot.
  4. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Really? I think I've only heard it used for Megamind.
  5. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Also that John Travolta movie where they form a biker gang...can't remember what its called...Wild Hogs maybe
  6. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Or Percy Jackson, and something else I can't remember.
  7. Princeton Active Member

I Feel Good by James Brown
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wild Thing by Tone Loc is used WAAAAAAAY too many times in movie trailers.
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hate that version... years and years and years ago, my favorite radio station got taken over by a rap station, and they played that song NON-STOP for DAYS! Seriously, like for 72 or more hours straight, nothing but "WILD THANG! DUN, DUN-DUN! DUH-DUH DUN, DUN-DUN!"

Speaking of trailers, Alan Silvestri's theme from Mousehunt seems to get used an awful lot on trailers for some reason.
  10. Hayley B Active Member

Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO has been used alot lately. Especially in TV promos.
  11. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I can't wait until America collectively becomes embarrassed of that song and never plays it again, like what it did to the Macarena.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  12. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I've noticed in some movies, Daddy Day Care and Toy Story 3 being two specific examples, whenever there's a fluffy, love at first sight scene, you can bet your boots "Dream Weaver" will start playing.

And a lot of parties in movies seem to almost have "Le Freak" playing.
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

LMFAO= Worst band EVER.

It's overused because it's the hip new thing. It's like a Lonely Island sketch on SNL, only with no joke, and it's really supposed to be like that.

Seriously... TERRIBLE! And that other song of there's... why, there's more soul in this song:

14. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"Car Wash".
    Muppet fan 123 and Hayley B like this.
  15. SSLFan Well-Known Member

"You Get What You Give" by New Radicals
  16. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"Funky Town" by Lipps, Inc.

"Crazy in Love" by Beyonce and Jay-Z
    charlietheowl likes this.
  17. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That is my favorite Regular Show song. (But, hey, how many RS songs are out there? Aw Snap, Party Tonight... Oh, you get what I mean...)
  18. Alexandro8100 New Member

"Every night in my dream...i see you...i feel you..."titanic song...in movie as well as in TV shows...no doubt great song...
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I've kind of noticed whenever there's a scene that takes place on a beach, or some sort of tropical paradise, or whatever, "Wouldn't it Be Nice" by The Beach Boy seems to be used frequently: on SEINFELD, where Kramer hangs out on the beach and eventually finds a lobster trap; in 50 FIRST DATES whatever; and in the deleted extended ending from RANGO where Dirt is turned into a beach resort town.
  20. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Wouldn't It Be Nice is one of the few songs that can justify being overplayed because it so freaking amazing. The Beach Boys were awesome in the mid-sixties.