Paging Drtooth

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
I can't imagine having that WildKratts song stuck in my head!

in the earliest conception, Scooby-Doo was a complete Archies knock off... then they tweaked and reinvented the dog character and history was made
That's really intriguing, Doctor, I'd never heard that before. Thanks!

The Jackson 5 cartoon. At the time, everyone was so blown away by their music, their spirit, their everything that I think the network could not possibly have known what to do with them other than throw them in with a bunch of square, white people telling corny jokes. I still think the show carries their spirit, and is cool.

As good as the J-5 were musically, the Osmonds beat them at their own game with this song, One Bad Apple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKN_yjoDTCY
Jimmy Osmond. Whoa!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I didn't think the Jackson 5ive cartoon was TOO bad, considering it was a departure for Rankin/Bass to do traditional animation, as opposed to their classic, choppy/shoddy stop-motion holiday specials... I think the one thing that killed the Jackson cartoon was they, like others in Saturday morning for some reason, didn't really utilize the laugh track properly.
Uh, their choppy stop motion holiday specials built their empire.

In every other case, RB outsourced their animation to Japan... Frosty the Snowman, Night Before Christmas, and especially their first television series, The King Kong Show (which wasn't great, but still leaps and bounds over HB's horrid Godzillay Quest show). All Japanese animated.

Lemme put it this way, Filmation animation wasn't half as stiff as J5. At least the one I saw. And I agree, the only thing these bands ever seem to do is make bad jokes. Even with The Beatles.

And DOI! I'm forgetting the worst band/musician cartoon of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WYh8uz3pQ

Actually, there was a GREAT comment on the video...

When watching cartoon intros on Youtube, no matter WHAT year they were made, no matter how terrible they are, the top comment is always, "Man, this was the golden age of cartoons! These people really CARED about what they were doing, unlike today! Bring back _____!"
EXCEPT this one.
Oh, MAAAAAAN! Someone's saying something I'm thinking! That totally busts me up. EVERYONE in EVERY time period with a decade biased says that crap. Sometimes I see their point if it's Animaniacs or something good... but you don't know how many crap cartoons (like Maxie's World) have those comments.

Buck back to the band/musician thing. All I can say was, the BEST musician based Saturday morning Show EVER was Weird Al. Too bad he only got one season.

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
Drtooth should receive funding from the National Endowment for the Arts,
JUST so he can carry on here online!!!:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Paging DrTooth: Tell me, how do you feel about the dumbing down of cartoon content for Children?

Paging DrTooth: Tell me, how do you feel about the introduction of non-cartoon segments to the Cartoon Netowrk?

:halo::halo::halo::halo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Paging DrTooth: Tell me, how do you feel about the dumbing down of cartoon content for Children?

Paging DrTooth: Tell me, how do you feel about the introduction of non-cartoon segments to the Cartoon Network?
1) It's getting better.

2) No body likes them and they're not fooling anyone.

Both short answers

Drtooth

Reaction score
Quick question....

Would I get in trouble if I said Captain Planet sucked?

I kinda think it did.... so...

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
Drtooth, what is your icon? It's cool, but...what is it? Is it something you drew, or a character from something else? It looks like a bluejay. Do you just happen to like hummus?