1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Painful Fraggle Moments

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Frogster, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

C'mon... I know it's Fraggle Rock, but let's hear it.
    I'll list mine later.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

The last thing that Fraggle Rock does is cause me pain. :smirk:

3. Pork

Pork Active Member

um, I think when Mokey sings about her body double rags the song goes for a bit too long.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Aw, I love that song! Lol

Hmm, I'm really gonna have to think about it.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. FraggleRockRock

FraggleRockRock New Member

I honestly cannot think of anything... but then again, I haven't seen the whole series.

I think I'm biased because I love Fraggle Rock too much to even think it has ever gone wrong!:excited: :excited: :excited:

GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The animated voice of Junior Gorg. Most of the voices are a bit off, I'll understand (though I LOVE Rob Paulsen's spin on the characters), but Junior Gorg sounds completely off, and the Gorgs look pretty ugly in animated form.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. heralde

Hmm, well those annoying '80s synthesizer trumpet sounds during Junior's "Yes Sir, No Sir" song, that was kinda painful, lol.

No but seriously, yeah it is hard to come up with truely painful moments here...

GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Java

Java Active Member

So as others are having a hard time coming up with some (including me) what are yours?

GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Drtooth

The scene in MFS where Travelling Matt were to have an on-screen cameo being cut. That's pure torture not having that in the film. Frag you, Sony!

GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. heralde

Actually I have one, Uncle Gobo from "Born to Wander." He was just completely unlikeable. If I was Matt, I would have stopped following him a long time ago. And I thought Pa Gorg was bad, lol. I think Matt and Junior could have a few things to discuss!

GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

My most painful Fraggle moment? One time I was watching the show, and I banged my shin on the coffee table. Had such an ugly black-and-blue...

Dominicboo1 and GopherCoffee like this.
  12. Pork

Pork Active Member

:smirk: hahaha, your Sooooo Witty.:smirk:

:)

GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. FraggleRockRock

FraggleRockRock New Member

in "The Ways I Love You" from "Bored Stiff", Ma's singing voice. Ouch! my ears are still ringing!

14. Rose

Rose Member

I think the most paineful Fraggle moment would have to be Change Of Address where Doc was beside himself when he learned he had to move to the Sea Shore so he could be with his friend Ned. And Gobo was standing right in front of him but Doc couldn't see him because he was invisable til they touched hands and Doc could see him for the first time.
    I don't know why but I thought that was a very emotinial monent for me anyway.

15. heralde

Yes me too! It was like one of those moments where you almost feel awkward watching it because it is such an emotional moment and you're "intruding".

Btw, that was actually the first part of the finale, Honk of Honks, which Richard Hunt directed. :)

SkeetScootSquat and GopherCoffee like this.
  16. Drtooth

You know what was a painful moment? The World's oldest Fraggle hitting Hency on the nose all those times.... that's gotta hurt.

17. heralde

Yeah eventually I just felt sorry for him Lol

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  18. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

When Wembley makes a decision in Beast Of Blue Rock... he runs the back of his head into the cave wall, and says, "Making a decision sure is..." That was just weird. Also, in Beanbarrow, I think Boober strangles Henchy just a few seconds too long. Also, in most of season 1, Boober was trying too hard to be depressing that it didn't come off as real. And of course, there's a lotta Gorg moments that I can't really list them all.

Don't get me wrong, it's still my favorite show ever.

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  19. Drtooth

I will say the animated "Radish Roundup" episode was painful for 2 reasons. Reason 1, half the episode was the Fraggles shouting "Banoonie Berries!" and then making vomit noises for 10 minutes. Reason 2, that panty shot of Ma Gorg. Eeeewwwww...

20. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

There's one song that Ma Gorg sings in season one that just makes me cringe. It's really high and crackly. It's a funny moment but it's hard to listen to. If I remember what song it is I'll post it, but I can't remember.