Palisades Board Refugee Camp

Lew Zealand

Reaction score
Hey, a new home...

Hi Muppet guys'n gals,

I'm Dr.Teeth at Palisades forum and have been reading through pages upon pages of threads in here.

I am on the verge of updating my site again. I am adding a couple of updated images, a new comic strip, and a new diorama that I threw together this weekend.

I made a stage for my Electric Mayhem band members so Animals drums can sit in the middle with two levels for the other four members. I am hoping to post some pics of it on my page sometime late tonight. I'll post an announcement of my page update once it's up and running smoothly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Lew! It's great to hear from you once again. How's the site? BTW: Just how did you construct additional levels on the EM bandstage? Oh, and have you found the S3 figures yet, especially the figure of your Muppet ID? Gotta tell you that the painted figure is somewhat better than the prototype. The S3 figure of Lew Zealand has his hands open just a little bit wider and can grip the swordfish a smidge easier than the test shot. Also, the fish bucket from the finished figure does indeed have a handy handle and the top lid's glued shut, whereas the smaller lid can still open up to store the smaller fishies or Crazy Harry's dynamite equippment by mistake. Hope you have a great weekend!

Aerosmith

Reaction score
**** at the comic and love that custom stage. Who made it?

GWGumby

Reaction score
That's awesome Lew Zealand/Dr. Teeth/Whoever you are!

You need to get Misfit Toy's customs on there.

Can you tell us more about your addition to the Muppet Stage? What materials/parts did you use to make it? That's exactly the type of thing I was looking to do with my stage. Those added levels really help.

Love your site!

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Lew, your site is great!

Love the comics.

The bandstage looks very proffesional, you must tell us how you made it!

Thinking of making my own bandstage now...

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I think that his backstage is just a comutorised backdrop that he placed in there with photoshop or somthing.

Lew Zealand

Reaction score
The stage is made out of foam-core, cut to size, stuck together with a hot glue gun and spray painted with glossy black paint. It was really simple to do.

I am working on a "How to..." piece for the stage so anyone else can make one too. I have been toying with this idea for weeks now and just decided to do it yesterday.

It isn't a photoshop trick, although that would be easy enough. I love the EMS and Animal playset, but I always felt like the rest of the band wasn't a part of the 'stage' so I threw this one together.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Do'h!

He said bandstage. I thought he said backstage. I was refering to the backstage background that was used in a few of the frames of the new comic.

Stupid!