Palisades Mega Muppet line debuts this Winter

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that the rooted hair would go a long way towards making the mega line more desirable. Also the ability to do extra articulation (like Kermit's legs) is very encouraging too. Let's hope that things work out and we get a rooted hair Piggy. :big_grin:

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Well, Ken did say that the mega Beaker has hip joints, so you'd think that his lab coat must be made of something more pliable so that he can use em, right?

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
Ken-

I didn't have the patience to read through all the messages here, so I just wanted to ask if the big Beaker will have any articulation that will allow his mouth to open & close, or his head to slide up & down??

Around here, TRU has had NO Muppets... at all. I don't know what's up with them. As for other places that I HAVE seen Muppet figures, I usually see Piggys & Kermits still available, with an occasional Bunsen here & there. All Dr. Teeth's are gone though...

Gonzo

Reaction score
About the possible over-saturation of Beakers--

As far as I know, the Mega-Beaker will only be the SECOND Beaker in Muppet Merchandising History that will be available to the mass market. All of the others mentioned have been available outside the US (Igel), only order-able through the Internet, or very exclusive (the Disney Beaker Plush, Vanishing Cream, Invisible Beaker). So for your average Joe, or even the Obesessive-Compulsive Muppet Fan, like yours truly, the Mega-Beaker will only be the second Beaker toy they've had easy access too.

I would have bought Beaker plushes if they had ever been in a store within a thousand miles of my home--they never were. I would have bought invisible Beakers if they were more readily available to me both convenient-wise and money-wise; they're not.

But I DID buy they Muppet Labs playset with Beaker, and I may buy the Mega-Beaker. A year ago, I was resigned to the idea that I'd never have a Beaker in my collection. Now I've got one, and there's a great way for me to get another one at a larger scale. For most people out there, there's not an "over-saturation" of Beaker--this will only be the second one they've seen...and that's only if they've been combing the toy aisles looking for where TRU has stashed the playsets.

I think this is a great idea, and althought I probably won't say another meep about it, Palisades has become a sort of mecca for those of us who have been Muppet Merchandise Lacking for the last two decades or so.

That's it.

Peace.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
So for your average Joe, or even the Obesessive-Compulsive Muppet Fan, like yours truly, the Mega-Beaker will only be the second Beaker toy they've had easy access too.
Yeah this could be the key to the reaction from Muppet Central - these are the people who HAVE been over-saturated by Beaker and Beaker hype. As you say, there are tons of people who haven't and who might quite like this, and if you announced it to a more casual audience they might have responded much more positively.

Personally i feel that with time, the hardcore figure fans and muppet fans may well get a bit p*ssed off again with an over-saturation of variants in general from Palisades. I'm suprised the different shirt combinations on Fozzie didn't have people howling like Grizzly Bears. From what i had read, i thought that the main market for these figures WAS the hardcore Muppet fans and Action figure collectors, and that TRU was the only major toy retailer taking the line - so these people who make up a large percentage of people buying the products generally would be aware as to the full extent of the line. Unless there is something significantly different about the 'Mega' figures surely this just adds yet another variant into the line for the people who really are dedicated followers.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Yeah this could be the key to the reaction from Muppet Central - these are the people who HAVE been over-saturated by Beaker and Beaker hype<<<

and you call yourself muppetfans^_^ j/k but quinn has a point, this is only the second beaker for the mass market. Now yes, I am a Meep completist...and in my humble opinion they could not even begin to over saturate with beakie stuff:wink:

quinn also brought up another good point...its really been about 2 decades int he waiting fo rmuppet figures and a ton of muppet stuff. its just so surreal to hear the words 'beaker saturation' 'do we need more beaker stuff?' when a couple years ago, heck...less than a year ago it was but a dream to just have *any* beaker stuff.

so how come we can have an infinite gazaillion amount of kermit and animal stuff nonstop, but get complaints when we get more than one thing of one of the most long awaited and coolest muppets in history? and yes, like boba fett, i believe th ebeakster does have some sort of fan following.

///beaker///
::\\.:c0r3:.//::

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I mentioned this very point back in my original post that got some of the ball rolling on how many Beakers there are these days. I clearly explained how die-hard Muppet fans and MCers have seen much of Beaker that it is no surprise that we aren't exactly hitting the roof over him, but I also made it clear that Beaker is a wise choice as he is a fave of non-fans who haven't seen the little guy around as much as we have. It's just funky that I keep hearing the same replies to a post that included the exact same information. It happens.

With that said - I think that this is a fantastic idea and I will definitely buy one. Was Beaker my first choice? Not really, but he is in my top five. We must have faith that Palisades knows what they're doing and this attempt is not to over-exploit the characters. Rather, it is a good attempt to make the line even more solid so that it will last for years to come. Just one frogboy's opinion.

dan

Reaction score
I'm not going to buy Beaker if hes just bigger with a few more joints.

If he had a retractable head, could open and close his mouth and could talk, I would HAVE to have it.